FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Looks terrible...too many acros. Needs some blue clove polyps and xenia to fill in the gaps...
Release the xenia/blue clove Kraken! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
 
Poor Blenny! Home wrecker! You should be ashamed. Just kidding, like always your tank looks great!
Did you mean the JF Homewrecker? Because that's at 2:00 in the video. [emoji12]

I did feel like the Midas was giving me the stink eye for most of the day yesterday.

Thanks Alton!
 
I always love coming into this thread to see your amazing stuff. I am not a stick guy (mostly because I dont have the skills needed to get them looking that awesome) but dang its hard to argue with a tank that looks like this!!

What did you end up doing with your CSB split? did you move it into the frag tank?

Thanks Dirtrider! Most of those skills are just a proficiency in Photoshop and a DSLR camera. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Its currently sitting in a basket in the display with a couple of his other friends. Once it regains color, I'll be manually splitting it. Its huge... Like 6-7" across... At least huge for a CSB since people sell them way before they ever get that big.
 
I'll send you some if you pay shipping :)
Your generosity knows no bounds. I have so much these days with a tank that's looking better each day, a happy and healthy family, and a well stocked frag tank. I think there are other reefers more deserving of your gift than me and would put it to better use. [emoji12]
 
Thanks Dirtrider! Most of those skills are just a proficiency in Photoshop and a DSLR camera. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Its currently sitting in a basket in the display with a couple of his other friends. Once it regains color, I'll be manually splitting it. Its huge... Like 6-7" across... At least huge for a CSB since people sell them way before they ever get that big.
Geez! At that size you could easily get over the $2k the one at elite reefs went for!! Could get enough for a whole new display and most of the equipment with that baby!
 
Omg lol, your little blenny is confused. I honestly love my midas blenny, easily my favorite fish. So much personality.

He has a handful of holes he calls home. One thing he does is if you go JUST out of sight, he will extend out of his hole to keep his eyes on you. He does this back-and-forth thing in his hole if you poke your head up and down. Love that guy.
 
Hmmm, think I'm going to need a bigger ruler.
c11003b224241e7aff7f6e4e8ff889c1.jpg

Definitely a fast grower. What you gonna do to this rock?
 
Geez! At that size you could easily get over the $2k the one at elite reefs went for!! Could get enough for a whole new display and most of the equipment with that baby!
You're telling me! That 3" one they sold on auction at $2100 blew my mind! I wonder what a 6"-7" one would fetch? [emoji50]
 
Omg lol, your little blenny is confused. I honestly love my midas blenny, easily my favorite fish. So much personality.

He has a handful of holes he calls home. One thing he does is if you go JUST out of sight, he will extend out of his hole to keep his eyes on you. He does this back-and-forth thing in his hole if you poke your head up and down. Love that guy.

Definitely the most personality in my tank! I'll never have another tank without one!
 
You're telling me! That 3" one they sold on auction at $2100 blew my mind! I wonder what a 6"-7" one would fetch? [emoji50]

Only one way to find out...

I wanted one of these a few years ago, but couldn't justify spending $600 on an anemone. I'm also great at picking stocks...
 
Only one way to find out...

I wanted one of these a few years ago, but couldn't justify spending $600 on an anemone. I'm also great at picking stocks...
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Don't look at me... I just dumb lucked my way into buying one in 2015... And I thought I was nuts for doing it at the time. Pretty good return so far on investment... I wish all my financial decisions were on par with this one.
 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Don't look at me... I just dumb lucked my way into buying one in 2015... And I thought I was nuts for doing it at the time. Pretty good return so far on investment... I wish all my financial decisions were on par with this one.

Ty's accumulating Sunbursts as part of his son's college tuition plan. :p
 
Ty's accumulating Sunbursts as part of his son's college tuition plan. :p
Aiming low Scott! I'm going to buy a college and make him go there! Here's 2000 CSBs, I'd like to buy your small school. [emoji23]
 
WOW Ty ! ! ! Just WOW ! ! !

Your tank is looking phenomenal ! ! ! I wish I could get SPS to grow like you, one day I hope :-) Where's your Confetti in all of that? I was trying to see if I could see it but I must have missed it.
 
WOW Ty ! ! ! Just WOW ! ! !

Your tank is looking phenomenal ! ! ! I wish I could get SPS to grow like you, one day I hope :-) Where's your Confetti in all of that? I was trying to see if I could see it but I must have missed it.

Thanks Fudsey!

Its starting to fill in a bit which is nice. Thanks for the support!

Just give them lots of fish poop and lights and they'll treat you right.

Confetti is at 1:15. With the way its growing, the front side is not as exciting as the back side, which is the side I take my pictures from. The side facing me is mainly white branches... I'm still trying to figure out if its flow or lighting that is causing the front side to be blander and more white than the back side that is beaming red and pink. Part of me feels like its either my actinic T5 bulb or my GE 6500k bulb... Both are on the more colorful backside of the confetti.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top