FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Very nice!
 
Guess I have a Pacific Ocean Emperor angel. I see a small streamer starting to develop. [emoji3]
3ee177e6d18b25bd8e89222a36701542.jpg
 
How long have you had your emperor? Has he been adult for very long? Mine has more pronounced black, is more rounded where yours a is getting a streamer, and mine's yellow lines are straighter. Is yours done changing from juvi? Mine has been full adult for about three years.
 
How long have you had your emperor? Has he been adult for very long? Mine has more pronounced black, is more rounded where yours a is getting a streamer, and mine's yellow lines are straighter. Is yours done changing from juvi? Mine has been full adult for about three years.
Got him as a juvi in April 2015 with just a hint of yellow on his back.

He became this 6 months later:

tapatalk_1485760580436.jpeg


He pretty much looks the same 1.5 years later except is longer and a ton thicker. This streamer development is the first new thing I've seen on him in awhile.
 
Excellent! Demo on "Tormenting Tank Bullies, 101"

Thank you for sharing new ideas.

No problem! [emoji106]

I used to try to do therapeutic sessions where we talked about why he felt the need to bully other fishes and if he was bullied when he was younger but I found the mirror much more effective and quicker. [emoji12]
 
Im jealous of the fish you keep. I would like some angels but I don't want my sps polyps to disappear. :(
 
Im jealous of the fish you keep. I would like some angels but I don't want my sps polyps to disappear. :(
Believe it or not, the first couple months of all the angels, I didn't get to see much polyps but lately, and maybe I'm just getting used to it, but polyps are out all the time again.

Perhaps it is a similar response that frogspawns or gonioporas exhibit with hosting clownfish? After enough biological conditioning to an external stressor without causing real damage, the specimen itself will be more liberal with leaving their tentacles/polyps out?

My gonis used to retract their polyps entirely when my clownfish would try to host it but now leaves then out and lets the clownfish swim through it like an anemone.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top