FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

<0.03 ppm, but I do have a lot of coral uptake of phosphate these days with my coral mass. I used to have to use a lot more gfo than I do these days that my colonies are bigger.
 
Hurricane is here! Stock up on supplies... Of mariculture colonies? [emoji6]

Picked up these two beauties, a plana and a granulosa (I believe).

b11ee5211b59f230cfcaf7115c0aebe3.jpg
 
Ya that's exactly what ppl should do.... stock up on corals when people are losing their homes, tank, and lives. Ok [emoji849]
 
I'm sure you knew he wasn't being serious....
You should see his post in the Hurricane Harvey thread, he's being 100% serious. [emoji53] People can be surly sometimes, it is what it is. I just don't let them bring me down. [emoji4]


I was just grabbing some Hurricane supplies while out and picked up a battery-operated air bubbler in case the power went out and snagged the two colonies while I was there. He's free to judge a person he doesn't know, its his right. I'm free to ignore it, that's my right. [emoji6]
 
My red goni with blue centers was looking good today.
62857b5d10f7551abffda30ce05f36d3.jpg


My new pink and yellow tip goni is coloring up nicely!
940e08bf4c10e8cd372fe2d1f0437950.jpg


Nice to have an anemone in the tank again.
ff9a629e05f7a707023bd72c6b8f9e4c.jpg


Took 2 days and me removing all gonis for them to finally swim into the anemone.
0873c8dbe55f561275d334069a9d8ea7.jpg


Always loved this spot in the tank. I'm glad it made it mostly unscathed when I moved.
6c8cd96b3c4cb11784e5c60da07e8c56.jpg
 
Here are both gonis in the frag tank. They'll be here until the clowns realize they have an anemone again.

3408280792403a4702f99e3c1324a8c4.jpg
 
Looking great! What are you doing with the anemones in their own container? Selling them?
 
Looking great! What are you doing with the anemones in their own container? Selling them?
They are in the frag tank and I wanted to contain them so they didn't attach to the frag racks and sting everything.

They are to be my broodstock of Colorado Sunbursts. I have a pretty long waitlist of people and figured it would go faster if I had a large broodstock to keep up with the demand. [emoji4]
 
One Colorado Sunburst naturally split a couple weeks back. I tossed that one in the DT and then decided to manually split these while I was at it to create my broodstock pictured in the last post.

*Edit: Just wanted to add that I have a 14-person waitlist on these so sorry, none for sale in the near future. I've been getting a ton of PMs for them and just wanted to say up front that none are available currently. [emoji53]

47c052857bcef7483a08ccb4f7800f1e.jpg
 
Last edited:
One Colorado Sunburst naturally split a couple weeks back. I tossed that one in the DT and then decided to manually split these while I was at it to create my broodstock pictured in the last post.
47c052857bcef7483a08ccb4f7800f1e.jpg


Wow look at you go, that is a good amount of money there :)

Enough to get you an automatic alk monitor if you want to get lazy haha and a lot of high end frags
 
Wow look at you go, that is a good amount of money there :)

Enough to get you an automatic alk monitor if you want to get lazy haha and a lot of high end frags
Diapers, diapers, diapers Cody... [emoji22] Babies are game changers! [emoji5]

Here they were just a couple hours after splitting. Scissors are your best friend. Scapels and razor blades didn't work aa well for me.
b4b5f39a67b94842f444b97266533806.jpg
 
Usually takes about 3 months to fully heal and round back out and get to a good selling size of 3-4".
 
Usually takes about 3 months to fully heal and round back out and get to a good selling size of 3-4".

Luckily I still have a couple years for a baby :)

I have a ton of rose bubble tips that I was actually thinking about selling all of them besides one. That is awesome you are able to have success like that with them. How much do you think you sell a year?
 
Luckily I still have a couple years for a baby :)

I have a ton of rose bubble tips that I was actually thinking about selling all of them besides one. That is awesome you are able to have success like that with them. How much do you think you sell a year?
Haha, nice, enjoy it!

I only really sell about 1-2 a year, plan to ramp it a bit more but not that much. I want to hang on to a decent size broodstock if possible.
 
It's nice to have fish again in the tank. These guys just came out of QT.

Male flame wrasse
9bc97f9130ddb70c0bcc34e5209738cc.jpg


Male magma/cherry wrasse
19a43ddfa0adb2fa0be280715f940b0d.jpg


Yellow-sided fairy wrasse
5b7fe4f4c11b9cc70b776d06a52b8392.jpg


I also added a melanarus wrasse and foxface to the frag tank as maintenance fish.
 
Update on my Mari colony. Darkened up as expected but starting to see hints of colors.
1c2df94dfaae7f24300de91804c0f6fd.jpg


Cornbred Bubblegum digi added to the collection
fcd977f7c5ae5a021ad149b0128bbd75.jpg


My "hope to be knockout" milles collection
13bf9d00ea650042ec2ae1640e5d9a15.jpg


Acropora microclados starting to show some nice colors
c1410b5520d3e30b50f5fa64e1d1e6bf.jpg


My 2nd favorite euphyllia, frogspawn
a464901bbb29bb8f37d515520bd27561.jpg


Electric Oompa loompas zoas
173d6eebcbcbab857cc40befb3ae19f3.jpg


Blue polyp cap
7c2f578f99067473260b7c9dc80a54eb.jpg
 
Is the male flame wrasse a cirrhilabrus jordani? Looks very nice!
Yes it is. Its a stunner! Most beautiful fish in reefing in my opinion... Well, one that is under $300 at least. [emoji4]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top