FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Very nice!

May I ask what kind of par or light exposure you're getting over your monti caps?
 
Very nice!

May I ask what kind of par or light exposure you're getting over your monti caps?
Hey Rev,

Those caps were from a tank breakdown I bought out. He kept them under 200-250 par. Hope that helps and thanks!
 
About everything not an acro that flows with the current in my tank. Got to have some motion somehow! [emoji6]

Remind me (because I did attempt to go back and look but couldn't find it).. what power heads are you using?

That is some great flow.
 
Remind me (because I did attempt to go back and look but couldn't find it).. what power heads are you using?

That is some great flow.
Two MP60s in the video but about to add my 3rd MP60. [emoji4]
 
Thanks! Tank is looking amazing as always
Thanks! I am currently focusing on those corals because all my acros are ugly right now while adjusting to going from LED to T5 lighting as well as more fish being added from running fallow. Hopefully in a couple months everything will be back to normal again!
What's your programming look like? Reef crest, TSM, etc?
I just left it on the reefcrest mode for now. One of my pumps drops from the WXM connection from time to time and I need to update the firmware before doing custom programming.
 
Thanks! I am currently focusing on those corals because all my acros are ugly right now while adjusting to going from LED to T5 lighting as well as more fish being added from running fallow. Hopefully in a couple months everything will be back to normal again!I just left it on the reefcrest mode for now. One of my pumps drops from the WXM connection from time to time and I need to update the firmware before doing custom programming.
You were using the T247's correct? What made you want to switch back to T5s?
 
You were using the T247's correct? What made you want to switch back to T5s?
I actually really liked the T247s and the only reason I switched is because I got a free 60" ATI Sunpower fixture so I swapped. I always thought the fixture itself and the cost of annual replacement bulbs was too cost-prohibitive for me but when the fixture comes free, it makes you more open to buying bulbs annually.

I've always regarded T5s to be the top-tier lighting for SPS tanks so it was time for me to switch. I sell enough in frags annually to cover the bulb replacement easily so it was a no-brainer at that point.
 
I actually really liked the T247s and the only reason I switched is because I got a free 60" ATI Sunpower fixture so I swapped. I always thought the fixture itself and the cost of annual replacement bulbs was too cost-prohibitive for me but when the fixture comes free, it makes you more open to buying bulbs annually.

I've always regarded T5s to be the top-tier lighting for SPS tanks so it was time for me to switch. I sell enough in frags annually to cover the bulb replacement easily so it was a no-brainer at that point.
Did you already sell the T247s? I'm interested if you want to move them!

I have a 48" ATI fixture and love it.
 
Nice tank, I can't believe all the Colorado nems lol, how about a full tank shot?
Yeah, I really don't want to sell any Sunbursts because they just look so pretty but I think the people in line would have a small riot outside my house.

I'll see if I can snap a picture today. Its nothing spectacular right now, which is why I made a video of the LPS and anemones. [emoji6]

I still haven't gotten a chance to glue colonies/frags into their final spots and get everything off the sandbed. And all my colors blow right now as everything is adjusting to the new lights and the fact that I added fish back to the system after having to go fallow with velvet. Alright, enough excuses, I'll snap a picture tonight and post. [emoji14]
 
Did you already sell the T247s? I'm interested if you want to move them!

I have a 48" ATI fixture and love it.
I repurposed them to my frag tank. Those are actually the corals that are doing the best because they never went through a lighting change. I should just take a FTS of the frag tank in lieu of my ugly DT right now. [emoji12]
 
I repurposed them to my frag tank. Those are actually the corals that are doing the best because they never went through a lighting change. I should just take a FTS of the frag tank in lieu of my ugly DT right now. [emoji12]
Did you keep your t247s stock or swap out some of the bulbs?
 
Did you keep your t247s stock or swap out some of the bulbs?
I swapped out all 10k, red, and green diodes to warm white diodes (3.5k). I think it was about 10 diodes per fixture. They were super easy to do and I've never soldered before. It was really cheap too, bought a pack of 100 from EBay and hit up all my fixtures. I think it cost me $40 total for 5 fixtures (already had a solder gun) and about 2 hrs of time with a buddy doing his too. Oh, and about 2 beers a person so there's that cost too... [emoji4]

Edit: Found the posts on my build thread. Post 124 and 125 cover the LED swap as well as videos of the difference.
 
I swapped out all 10k, red, and green diodes to warm white diodes (3.5k). I think it was about 10 diodes per fixture. They were super easy to do and I've never soldered before. It was really cheap too, bought a pack of 100 from EBay and hit up all my fixtures. I think it cost me $40 total for 5 fixtures (already had a solder gun) and about 2 hrs of time with a buddy doing his too. Oh, and about 2 beers a person so there's that cost too... [emoji4]

Edit: Found the posts on my build thread. Post 124 and 125 cover the LED swap as well as videos of the difference.
Great, thanks! I'll take a read through it.
 
Nice tank, I can't believe all the Colorado nems lol, how about a full tank shot?
As promised! Hopefully I'll get a chance to finalize colony placement and get my sandbed clear again.

7c11369c07df82a640081c9b420912d6.jpg
 
Nice and big colony's!
Thanks! It still has a lot of improvement in my mind but I can't complain. The old colonies came from my old tank, some have been around for 5-6 years... Like that Oregon Tort.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top