FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Lol my flame hawk belly bumps them if the are on one of it's favourite perches to try and move them! :)
That sounds like a good lesson in pain! I wouldn't want urchin spikes to the belly!
 
Tuxedos are soft, if my long spine is in the wrong place it wiggles it's tail in the urchins spines to annoy it! ;)
Haha, I do like how my tuxedo feels... Like a soft brillo pad.
 
Oh no! That thing was immaculate too! I'm sure you built one even nicer!
Nope! Was on a budget this time. Dang budgets. haha
Bought one directly from Alan on RC, pre-built... but brass instead of stainless.
Not as pretty but it's getting the job done. ;) And it's a Matheson reg, so there's that. :D

i-M23GRx9-L.jpg
 
Nope! Was on a budget this time. Dang budgets. haha
Bought one directly from Alan on RC, pre-built... but brass instead of stainless.
Not as pretty but it's getting the job done. ;) And it's a Matheson reg, so there's that. :D

i-M23GRx9-L.jpg
I hate budgets... They just squash the fun!

That's still a sexy regulator to me!
 
thats some great growth on the confetti.

Do you worry about that algae touching it or has that never been a problem for you?
Thanks! No problem at all with the red turf algae. All the acros just burn it back as they grow.
 
First time I have ever read on a journal about the "pre growth" (I'm going to call it that) of sps base flesh.
I love seeing this in the tank, great sign of coral vigour, love that last pic! :)
 
First time I have ever read on a journal about the "pre growth" (I'm going to call it that) of sps base flesh.
I love seeing this in the tank, great sign of coral vigour, love that last pic! :)
Thanks Najer! The tank seems the closest its been to pre-move conditions. I've been very happy with its progress the last couple of months and seeing this type of growth makes me happy. I'll take all the pre-growth any of them give me!
 
I was going to wait until my scribbled angel was out of QT before releasing the 3 angels currently in the frag tank but I went ahead and released the majestic and regal to get acclimated first since they are not very aggressive and the scribbled is larger and has a reputation for being a tad more territorial. I figured let the two setup shop first before the scribbled gets added. I still left the flame in the frag tank just because he's wrassehole [emoji12]and he'll be added with the scribbled.

Other than the blonde naso flexing here and there, the two angels were well received.
 
Last edited:
I was going to wait until my scribbled angel was out of QT before releasing the 3 angels currently in the frag tank but I went ahead and released the majestic and regal to get acclimated first since they are not very aggressive and the scribbled is larger and has a reputation for being a tad more territorial. I figured let the two setup shop first before the scribbled gets added. I still left the flame in the frag tank just because he's wrassehole [emoji12]and he'll be added with the scribbled.

Other than the blonde naso flexing here and there, the two angels were well received.
It tickled me that someone on Facebook told me after I posted that picture that "you know those will eat your corals eventually, right?" [emoji57] Facebook reefing is a whole different entity I feel. Good for some things and not good for others. However, any way people can share this amazing hobby gets a thumbs up from me no matter what though! I prefer my forums though, especially reef2reef and the people on it! Sharing the love... It is Valentine's day afterall. And no, I will not make out with you.

2df6c0c282c9e44b59fcf611864dc2b7.gif
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top