FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Got some new goodies in the mail today. Here's some quick phone snaps of them. I'll follow up with some nice DSLR shots when I get my macro lens back from my brother this weekend.

Copps Lemon Lime Hyacinthus
I ordered a large frag, he sent a colony. [emoji54]
93be0e5b13c1db6abbb31e8a868c2698.jpg


Copps Hulk Mille and the one I ordered the pack for, old school 20k lokani. I've been searching high and low for this old classic.
f76b3c039c414b34e4d2b6e6dacbca49.jpg


This pack from a fellow reefer:
BC shizo
West side purplishous
RR Red Bull
TGC Inner Planet
Jose Rainbow
Hungs Rainbow Explosion

The Hung's Rainbow Explosion is ridiculous. I'll let it settle and snap some pics with a good camera this weekend to let everyone see what I'm talking about! Its so nice, I actually saved the encrustment. I never save the encrustment.

30587926a0512a12df13647c12dcef2f.jpg
 
Top down fun:

CC Heaven and Hell
3cc6e3648884130bddb0fe323079188e.jpg


SunnyX Sunset Mille
610447385ca9b3de2e2d869362dc2ea2.jpg


PC Rainbow
3aeb4cb6b623571394778748345fbc6f.jpg


Tyree Pink Lemonade
fc4b472ba2beba05d67231378f67f241.jpg


FarmerTy Purple Efflo
b4b940be8673000fbd873a5591182760.jpg


Yellow scroll coral
63cdef17f4fc0f24d96f6095ec23800b.jpg


ORA Pearlberry
d1b846787527e078a8762840aa26d3bc.jpg


Vivid Aquariums Confetti
af85b0b21ed921bfa755b836d8e6242d.jpg


AquaSD Rainbow Mille
b3b47e96c736d835258d3ade425c5e38.jpg
 
Corals are looking good!
Thanks Bubba! Been slowly moving back to the beauties under white lights with no filters.

I want to snap some in raw format next time and give Lightroom a test run.
 
Guess what's in the mail?

I'll give you a hint... Starts with alka... Ends with tronic. [emoji16]

After roughly calculating the amount of money I have in coral livestock, it was a no-brainer to get one as insurance. Now I can monitor my alk levels remotely every 2 hours if I wanted... No, I'm not doing that interval, probably once every 2 days will suffice.
f87d6ca08f60f089971cef9ec919fc20.jpg
 
Guess what's in the mail?

I'll give you a hint... Starts with alka... Ends with tronic. [emoji16]

After roughly calculating the amount of money I have in coral livestock, it was a no-brainer to get one as insurance. Now I can monitor my alk levels remotely every 2 hours if I wanted... No, I'm not doing that interval, probably once every 2 days will suffice.
f87d6ca08f60f089971cef9ec919fc20.jpg

4f6c979d4b75a0bcd01a55c644db2f39.jpg
 
Are you using the alkateonic just to monitor? I wanted to get one but since I use a calcrx I figured I couldn’t use the features where it corrects your alk dosage.
 
Are you using the alkateonic just to monitor? I wanted to get one but since I use a calcrx I figured I couldn’t use the features where it corrects your alk dosage.
I'll monitor for now Bubba but down the line, I may be open to it correcting my alk levels as well.

You CAN use it with a CARX. You can hook the solenoid up to it and it can turn off your solenoid when your alk is too high. When too low, you can have it pump 2-part alk solution into the tank to increase the alk.
 
Fun night of lighting repairs... [emoji26]

Had a ballast go out on my ATI fixture. Luckily I have a whole spare ATI fixture so I borrowed a ballast from it. Let the transplant begin!

3337f946fb35ff36a3f9433c71d772bd.jpg


Here's some smoke marks on the bad ballast and the smoke left on the fixture.

967b3c2d15fed9cde43e67cdf47d8104.jpg

31f37056d4eef8458eddc0826de6a3b7.jpg


Also, my SBREEF bars have violet diodes in them. Apparently at that spectrum, acrylic can burn. There were haze marks and burns on the acrylic where each violet LED diode was. I went ahead and made the decision to drill out the acrylic cover and open the fixture to the elements. Its nice that it was sealed so nicely but my Ocean Revive units run similar diodes and are completely not sealed and have lasted for 3-4 years now so I'm not too worried these are open to the elements now.

0769a461d8dbe41f33e83fbb4808f194.jpg

a099b837e2d257eb2c1398f7cd8dc266.jpg
 
I love ATI's design...it' easy to pull apart and work on, and the airflow is clever to not only cool the bulbs but also the ballasts. At the start of the post, I was ready to tell you I have a ballast for 54w in my spare parts...but you have a donor fixture already, lol.
 
Oh boy too much fun.
What happened after ballast burned out? The whole unit shutdown or just connected channels?
I am running a 10 bulb unit, had to replace 2 fans and fan power supply last time.
 
I love ATI's design...it' easy to pull apart and work on, and the airflow is clever to not only cool the bulbs but also the ballasts. At the start of the post, I was ready to tell you I have a ballast for 54w in my spare parts...but you have a donor fixture already, lol.
I felt like Dr Frankenstein... Having them both open side by side and swapping body parts. [emoji23][emoji23]
 
Oh boy too much fun.
What happened after ballast burned out? The whole unit shutdown or just connected channels?
I am running a 10 bulb unit, had to replace 2 fans and fan power supply last time.
Luckily it was just the ballast for channel 3 and 6... So those just didn't light up and I noticed the odd looking spectrum in my tank and went to check to see both bulbs not firing. I've had good luck with the fans still working and not having to be replaced but this is my first ballast to replace after a year. I bought it used so who knows how many were replaced before that.
 
I noticed the same thing on my SB Reef bars. Nice mod you did, I might go ahead and do the same.
 
At least it is only the acrylic on the SB Reef Bars...my XHO's have the lenses burning on the violet diodes....not an easy fix for that :(
 
I noticed the same thing on my SB Reef bars. Nice mod you did, I might go ahead and do the same.
It was quick and simple and I like quick and simple. Haha.

Be careful, this acrylic splinters very easily... Probably because it was degraded a bit by the light already. You will get hairline cracks radiating from the drilled hole. Its purely cosmetic. Maybe you can figure a better way to do it but I only get a few hours a night to get stuff done so I ran with what I had in front of me.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top