FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Welcome back Ty. Did you set up something like this?

IMG-6126.jpg
That’s glorious! We setup a couple 280 gal peninsula tanks as our initial phase of the expansion. They’ll mostly be out “show” tanks for colonies of SPS and LPS and then will follow up with raceway/tubs for the storage of frags and new additions.
 
How’s the psycho orange doing for you? It’s been a bit slow growing for me

finally fragged it for the first time to maybe spur some growth!

ED134260-02AA-4FAD-B585-DBDFB2EA9DA3.jpeg
Yours looks great! It seems to be encrusting so I’ll take it. Those Malaysian pieces I swear I never know what they’ll do.
 
Cleared out one tank and using it temporarily as a holding tank for torch frags. These will all be headed up to the shop. Excuse the mess… hadn’t had a chance to siphon detritus yet after doing all the moving.
000FD189-0A45-405B-997B-3EB86867C63F.jpeg

Still one of my favorites, SC Orange Passion
F2104419-0721-4E56-9F55-72A08F27BF74.jpeg

I can never get a good shot of the Homewrecker. Green either comes out too dull or super saturated.
DDDE31C0-31B5-4CC9-A74D-03CB0AF547E3.jpeg
 
That’s glorious! We setup a couple 280 gal peninsula tanks as our initial phase of the expansion. They’ll mostly be out “show” tanks for colonies of SPS and LPS and then will follow up with raceway/tubs for the storage of frags and new additions.
Dang. This expansion sounds like serious work. Send all the kids to boarding school did you?
 
Dang. This expansion sounds like serious work. Send all the kids to boarding school did you?
Jake is my Mr. Build anything guy. I’m the biology guy. Our strengths can be useful if applied correctly. So he’s been toiling away at the shop and I come test water and make sure things are on the up and up. Luckily I can tow along 3 kids if needed to test nitrates at the shop. :D
 
Jake is my Mr. Build anything guy. I’m the biology guy. Our strengths can be useful if applied correctly. So he’s been toiling away at the shop and I come test water and make sure things are on the up and up. Luckily I can tow along 3 kids if needed to test nitrates at the shop. :D
Yes that does sound rather complimentary. So you are going to run some in-person retail business from the shop as well? I am very good friends with my LFS owner. He loves it but it is a tough business. His primary revenue stream is actually the customer tank service business. I've helped him build a handful of the larger systems he has sold. Those are fun.
 
Yes that does sound rather complimentary. So you are going to run some in-person retail business from the shop as well? I am very good friends with my LFS owner. He loves it but it is a tough business. His primary revenue stream is actually the customer tank service business. I've helped him build a handful of the larger systems he has sold. Those are fun.
My wife would punch me in the face if I tried anything with retail hours. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:


We’ll be exclusively online only but will allow for local pickups through River City Aquatics, my partners local fish store.
 
Cleared out one tank and using it temporarily as a holding tank for torch frags. These will all be headed up to the shop. Excuse the mess… hadn’t had a chance to siphon detritus yet after doing all the moving.
000FD189-0A45-405B-997B-3EB86867C63F.jpeg

Still one of my favorites, SC Orange Passion
F2104419-0721-4E56-9F55-72A08F27BF74.jpeg

I can never get a good shot of the Homewrecker. Green either comes out too dull or super saturated.
DDDE31C0-31B5-4CC9-A74D-03CB0AF547E3.jpeg

Looks like Tim talked you in to using some Reefbreeders?
 
Looks like Tim talked you in to using some Reefbreeders?
He definitely loves them. Since he signed off on them, I found 2 for cheap locally and put them over the “misc” tank… anything not an acro. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Man, I’m exhausted. Who knew being a vendor would be so much work… or maybe it’s the new baby… or maybe it’s the 3 kids under 5.

Enough excuses… pics!

BLA Homewrecker Blues
29E016EB-64D0-4502-9C90-12123C68DFBB.jpeg

TGC Pink Dragonite
06B856B2-7B20-4422-8C79-092D47DAFDB2.jpeg

WWC Heartbreaker
3CAF32F8-00BC-4E21-9E17-E6541CD4236C.jpeg
 
Man, I’m exhausted. Who knew being a vendor would be so much work… or maybe it’s the new baby… or maybe it’s the 3 kids under 5.

Enough excuses… pics!

BLA Homewrecker Blues
29E016EB-64D0-4502-9C90-12123C68DFBB.jpeg

TGC Pink Dragonite
06B856B2-7B20-4422-8C79-092D47DAFDB2.jpeg

WWC Heartbreaker
3CAF32F8-00BC-4E21-9E17-E6541CD4236C.jpeg

3 under 5?? I’m exhausted with 1 6 month old I can’t imagine!!
 
Man, I’m exhausted. Who knew being a vendor would be so much work… or maybe it’s the new baby… or maybe it’s the 3 kids under 5.
I'll help you out here, send me all those corals and I'll watch over them while you catch up with the family. Deal? P.S. let me explain my moniker, Tripdad = triplets dad, and yes it got intense. Enjoy the mayhem as it goes way too fast. Best of luck with the new venture. I will be back as a customer.
 
3 under 5?? I’m exhausted with 1 6 month old I can’t imagine!!
Oh brother, I was exhausted with just 1 6-month old. You’re right on point. The first kids just train you for the additional ones down the line. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I'll help you out here, send me all those corals and I'll watch over them while you catch up with the family. Deal? P.S. let me explain my moniker, Tripdad = triplets dad, and yes it got intense. Enjoy the mayhem as it goes way too fast. Best of luck with the new venture. I will be back as a customer.
My goodness! That’s like starting 3 new tanks at the same time! I bow to your greatness!
were not worthy waynes world GIF
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top