FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Great video! Good luck with the move and keep us posted. Yours is one of my favorite tanks on R2R!
Thanks Bronc! You're always so encouraging! I'll keep everyone posted on the move, updates on livestock during and after the move, and perhaps a lessons-learned session after moving a large, established SPS tank.
 
Absolutely stunning tank! Good luck with your break down and move! Can't wait to see it rebuilt!
Thank you! The plan is to use the same tank but run an in-wall setup with the tank in a room in the garage with full HVAC runs. Roughly 7' by 11' fish room. I'm pretty excited.
 
Awesome system Ty!

I'm sure the move is going to be monumental. I wish you all the luck in the world!
Thanks Rick! I'm not looking forward to it but have a lot of help from my local club so hopefully smooth.
 
Take pics!!!

Now don't take me for a guy to toss a monkey wrench into the mix, but with moving it into your garage (aka future fish room). Seems like the perfect opportunity to roll up the garage door and have someone wheel a slightly larger 500 gallon in there. :D (It's a sickness, I know, I can stop anytime I want! I swear:rolleyes:).
 
Take pics!!!

Now don't take me for a guy to toss a monkey wrench into the mix, but with moving it into your garage (aka future fish room). Seems like the perfect opportunity to roll up the garage door and have someone wheel a slightly larger 500 gallon in there. :D (It's a sickness, I know, I can stop anytime I want! I swear:rolleyes:).
You're a genius! Unfortunately I have an approval committee to pass everything through these days and I wasn't even allowed to propose a larger tank at the quarterly meeting. [emoji23]
 
You're a genius! Unfortunately I have an approval committee to pass everything through these days and I wasn't even allowed to propose a larger tank at the quarterly meeting. [emoji23]

Oh I understand the bureaucracy involved, I fortunately am an owner/operator left to my own devices! :D
 
Well, when someone tells you they want large colonies and when price is not an issue... [emoji6]

fa71efc85770298057ed07d7a5571e7e.jpg


fc1c4048c26d617ce9421668eb09aae6.jpg


1f9fc72e3f9d67faf3d6ebd00b04cbe9.jpg


73ca72a94e0d9da05b2a5cf530048e0a.jpg


08243e1d915e17e4cb8b45636d2779f7.jpg


b87cdd79c7ee2e9b4db1716d5264759f.jpg


aab335006287e14fa794aa77df9e36cc.jpg


679ab0b8013988dd40219e1363ff9692.jpg


fef64b5778217ebb2bc2e990fa043b85.jpg


e07776ee31c8d5791d9c0aef31bf4233.jpg
 
The size of those are insane! I never understood why people want large colonies to start with. I feel most of the fun comes from growing frags into colonies.
I did that with my old 125-gallon. Every colony in there was grown from a 1" frag or 3-5 polyp frag or smaller. I was insanely proud of that fact. Then came the 215-gallon and though some of my colonies were bigger by that time, it still looked really empty. Adding in some full mariculture colonies and larger named colonies really helped fill it out a bit while my smaller frags caught up.

For this guy, he has a 1700 gallon tank, so purely on size alone, these are frags to him! [emoji3]

I'm the guy smart enough to wear a wetsuit. [emoji23]

DSC_3797.jpg


DSC_3817.jpg
 
I need to go check my lottery numbers.. hold on
And the mega million multiplier is.... 7! I'm hearing that the winning ticket was sold right here in Austin folks! [emoji12]
 
Holy moly...baby already????
If he doesn't show up by next Monday, we're inducing. My free time is at its end... But I'll have a handsome baby boy so it'll be worth it! [emoji41]
 
Hello all,

Longtime cruiser of the club, first-time build thread poster.

I'm not going to bore you with details of when my passion for the hobby began and my first fish tank... yada yada yada.

I know what everyone came for... pics and videos! Please be patient with me as I figure out how to post videos and pics on this forum. I got it down pat on my local forum so forgive the missteps while navigating the learning curve.

Shot these last night, enjoy!

Will definitely follow :cool:
 
Welcome to the late edition... my new posting habits these days. For those wondering where I've been, say hello to my newest frag, Parker Niels Acropora Ta... Okay, one of those isn't really part of his real name but might as well be. [emoji5] He joined us this past Monday and my wife and I are already in love!

a6a6bca9b1a3922cd66fe88ec03ede3f.jpg


Momma is good, baby is good, daddy is good, and my alk is good... Summary... Life is good! [emoji4]

Now we get to move homes... Next weekend we move into the new house. Tank will hopefully follow 2 weeks after that... Wish me luck! Fish room and in-wall tank... Here I come!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top