FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Here are some top-down shots while over the tank.

df0439c252597f91078719b193b70d45.jpg


942a622371b2329cf1e6fa637bc5a127.jpg


fe78c88dbd407b2c38e4698ec6f2b49c.jpg


18999c8d372500f66c7d6fd9df31a182.jpg


Corals crammed into my sump until I can get a chance to aquascape and setup the frag tank.

e8411b4cf2e47eabc8b7456f718bbfc1.jpg
 
Wow, he looks so big already! What type of system is that behind you? Your quarantine?
 
Wow, he looks so big already! What type of system is that behind you? Your quarantine?
He's all of 3 months... [emoji4]

Oh no, my one gift for Father's Day was to actually get to go to a fish store. That's a local store in Austin.
 
Glad the move went well. Interesting way to move, I'll remember that.
Yeah, I went out on a limb for that one and it worked out nicely. The move was really painless at that point since I had a new tank ready to go at the new house.
 
These are gorgeous! Do you just leave some in here to grow out and sell?
Thanks! Those are my Colorado Sunburst anemones. I'm moving them to the frag tank to grow with reckless abandon when it's finished but keep them in my isolation crate in the display in the meantime so they don't walk on me and attach somewhere that is crazy difficult to get to and remove them from.

I will sell some eventually but not currently. I want to create a broodstock first. I already have a pretty long waitlist for these cool little guys.
 
As soon as I saw that picture I knew that was the Austin Aqua Dome
Good eye! Are you in Austin as well?
Wow the new tank looks so different from your old one. The baby has grown so much also
Hey Alton! For now, yes. I plan to aquascape sometime in the near future and will do something very similar to the last tank. The lack of corner overflows in this one does give me a ton of more space to work with so I may be inspired with a different design but either way, it will adhere to my minimalist stylings in some form or another. My one goal is to make more nooks and crannies in the scape so that my fish have more areas to hide and sleep in when desired.

Thanks! Parker is blowing up right now to make up for his slow start when born. I've been dosing amino acids and increased my nitrates with him and its been paying off big time! [emoji6]
 
Great pic...and look at you...getting him started already!
His first swim lessons are going to be in the tank. Don't worry, I'll put the pumps on lagoon mode at first and let him work his way up to reef crest mode eventually. [emoji12]
 
His first swim lessons are going to be in the tank. Don't worry, I'll put the pumps on lagoon mode at first and let him work his way up to reef crest mode eventually. [emoji12]
HA...now that would be something to see!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top