FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

That's a bummer about the tds. I hate having to do water changes and making them that large can't be fun.

I recently was thinking about buying a portable ac unit since half my tank is in the garage and the water has been gettting warm. I ended up buying a chiller today because I figured it would be impossible to cool the garage down.

The new frags look large, colorful and healthy!
 
Congrats on getting the HVAC squared away. I'm sure that has made a tremendous impact.

That must have been a sinking feeling to realize your bypass was open. I also feel for you on having to finally perform a water change after all this time. You'll have to redo your tagline and thread to "Only one water change - ever!!!" [emoji14]

I hope there are no lasting effects and that everything returns quickly to normal.

Thanks Scott! It has made a world of difference!

Yeah, at least I know why my gonis have been on the decline. I'd rather know the problem then always wondering why. Now lets hope the water changes with zero TDS water fixes things.

Water Change!.... Don't look at me!

298aad135a441628c1849c1a99f26cc9.gif
 
That's a bummer about the tds. I hate having to do water changes and making them that large can't be fun.

I recently was thinking about buying a portable ac unit since half my tank is in the garage and the water has been gettting warm. I ended up buying a chiller today because I figured it would be impossible to cool the garage down.

The new frags look large, colorful and healthy!

Thanks Bubba, the water changes hurt. I'll be doing 530 gallons by the end of all this. At least I can make water in 100 gallon increments with the tub.

Yeah, definitely chiller is your answer unless you can wall off a smaller section of that space for a fish room. I have a decommissioned 1/2 HP chiller on standby for emergencies from this point on.

Yeah. The frags are crazy! No nubs for sure, not even 1" frags, all 1"+ and multibranched. The nub community would call these mini colonies. Hahaha.
 
Sounds like you've been a busy man. Glad you found the problem too :) ;) :)
Thanks Fudsey! I'm worn out, that's for sure. But its ridiculous to complain when its my favorite hobby. That's like surfers complaining they're tired from surfing, or people complaining about skiing all day. Haha.

I'm doing what I love with my spare time and if I get a little tired from it from time to time... That's okay in my book! [emoji6]
 
Glad to see you figured it out. Your tank is looking great even with the high TDS water change. The Triton test would have probably had some interesting results if you sent it after the water change.
 
Glad to see you figured it out. Your tank is looking great even with the high TDS water change. The Triton test would have probably had some interesting results if you sent it after the water change.

Thanks Jim! Interestingly, I've noticed a lot of acros showing more greener pigment than before. Perhaps higher iron content in the water? Just a wild guess. But they are happy still. Another interesting observation is most of the a. Tenuis in my tank took it the worst. Something in the water that particular type of acro does not care for.

I sent in the sample prior to the water changes but high TDS topoffs were occurring for I'd imagine awhile before that so I'm interested to see the results. I'm sure I compounded the problem even more with 230 gallons of new high TDS saltwater. Haha.
 
With the large water changes, were you doing it with salt that has alk close to what you keep yours?
 
With the large water changes, were you doing it with salt that has alk close to what you keep yours?
My alk is pretty low at 7.0-7.5 dKh so no salt is around there but the slight jump to 8.2 dKh should be no issue.
 
GAWgeous!
 
Man looks like i need to come for some sticks and save the scribble [emoji848][emoji23]
Haha, thanks bud! Get a nice angel and some sticks while at it! [emoji23][emoji16]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top