FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

I'm hanging in there guys. Tank is still okay but I haven't had to battle 90-degree plus temperatures yet. Fortunately it's been an overcast day but if they don't get the power up by tomorrow I might be in a bit of trouble.

We got blasted on the Northside of Austin. 40 to 60 mile per hour wind gusts that toppled some trees in the neighborhood and one of them took down a line that feeds our neighborhood. The trees have been removed but we are currently waiting around for the power company to reinstall the line.
keep me posted. I've got the 45g that currently only has 3 cardinals in it if you need to rehome some fish and of course both tanks for corals.
 
keep me posted. I've got the 45g that currently only has 3 cardinals in it if you need to rehome some fish and of course both tanks for corals.
Thanks Jim! I know I can always count on you.

Power update, 10pm!
 
I'm hanging in there guys. Tank is still okay but I haven't had to battle 90-degree plus temperatures yet. Fortunately it's been an overcast day but if they don't get the power up by tomorrow I might be in a bit of trouble.

We got blasted on the Northside of Austin. 40 to 60 mile per hour wind gusts that toppled some trees in the neighborhood and one of them took down a line that feeds our neighborhood. The trees have been removed but we are currently waiting around for the power company to reinstall the line.

Ouch, we didn’t get much of anything down south....time to move down here so I can get frags easier ;)

You are more than welcome to store livestock in my tank if you need to...I have some room, and 90g of water ready to go if you need anything. I won’t be upset if you misplaced a Sunburst in the tank ;)

I would try and get some bags of ice to prep for the heat of the day. With that and the generator hopefully you can make it
 
A not so subtle reminder that I need a backup power plan myself. Looked into whole home gen, but kinda pricey. Hope everything stays healthy for you.
 
Last edited:
A not so subtle reminder that I need a backup power plan myself. Looked into while home gen, but kinda pricey. Hope everything staye healthy for you.
Yeah, same here... I was just thinking about looking for a generator.
 
Best money I never spent. For my wife's 25th work anniversary, our boss got us a 15k whole house gen. We paid for install which was cost as I have an electrician in the family :-)
 
The forums gave me a good avenue to be a squeaky wheel. The minute I complained about not having electricity still at 9pm... 20 HOURS LATER, the electric company texted and said we have a green light... Or any light for that matter! We have electricity again!

Thank you... Oh thank you magic bubbling wand of life and its buddy, the $6 bait bucket bubbler from Wal-Mart!

Thank you ye old $3 mercury thermometer suctioned cupped to the glass to help me keep an eye on temps.

And most importantly, thank you my brand new generator, your awesome 1800 watts of life giving power... Letting me run my return pump, 2 MP60s, a small fan, and even my Monster Reef Octopus skimmer rated for 450 gallons... And the occasional recharging of my phone.

We survived... We did it. We are exhausted... Goodnight all and thank you for the well wishes and support.

1069898e5c6dc18e0b83557af65c2dbe.jpg
 
The forums gave me a good avenue to be a squeaky wheel. The minute I complained about not having electricity still at 9pm... 20 HOURS LATER, the electric company texted and said we have a green light... Or any light for that matter! We have electricity again!

Thank you... Oh thank you magic bubbling wand of life and its buddy, the $6 bait bucket bubbler from Wal-Mart!

Thank you ye old $3 mercury thermometer suctioned cupped to the glass to help me keep an eye on temps.

And most importantly, thank you my brand new generator, your awesome 1800 watts of life giving power... Letting me run my return pump, 2 MP60s, a small fan, and even my Monster Reef Octopus skimmer rated for 450 gallons... And the occasional recharging of my phone.

We survived... We did it. We are exhausted... Goodnight all and thank you for the well wishes and support.

1069898e5c6dc18e0b83557af65c2dbe.jpg

Glad everything went ok. Need to pull the trigger to buy a generator for myself.
 
Congratulations on surviving the power outage!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top