FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

#goawayty
[emoji51]
6fbcae529219d05fff413f88c23c1af5.gif
 
Dude, I think my bubbles have doubled in size. Do yours shrink up when the lights go off? Darn, I just added another page to this thread.
 
Dude, I think my bubbles have doubled in size. Do yours shrink up when the lights go off? Darn, I just added another page to this thread.
My bubbles seem about the same on the bounce but the skirt seems to have grown a bit. Yeah, it'll deflate a bit a night I've noticed. I had moved it to a place of slightly higher flow and my bubbles almost disappeared and I panicked and put it back in the original spot again with low flow.
 
My bubbles seem about the same on the bounce but the skirt seems to have grown a bit. Yeah, it'll deflate a bit a night I've noticed. I had moved it to a place of slightly higher flow and my bubbles almost disappeared and I panicked and put it back in the original spot again with low flow.
Yeah, high flow is the enemy of bounces.
 
So, I have a good story that as long as you aren't the person it happened to, is pretty entertaining.

I was shipping out a Mak Corals Inferno BTA to someone and was heat sealing the bag when it dawned on me... Wait... The larger bags are 2 mils but the setting on the sealer is for the thicker 4 mils bags I sealed last week. Before I could even do anything about it, the bag with saltwater and anemone goes crashing to the ground when the sealer melts right through the bag.

I immediately go to save the anemone first and the water starts to roll towards my brand new Apex EB832 power strip and proceeds to short it out.

Its like 30 mins until FedEx closes so I took one look at the things that were plugged in to the EB832 and assessed that the tank will be fine without those items for 1 hr.

Grab another anemone and package that one up, this time remembering to reduce the heat to seal the bags and I'm off to FedEx!

Get back and spend the next 1.5 hours swapping all my equipment to an old EB8 I had on hand and been running with that ever since.

Today I get to ship out the EB832 for repair... Sigh.
 
So, I have a good story that as long as you aren't the person it happened to, is pretty entertaining.

I was shipping out a Mak Corals Inferno BTA to someone and was heat sealing the bag when it dawned on me... Wait... The larger bags are 2 mils but the setting on the sealer is for the thicker 4 mils bags I sealed last week. Before I could even do anything about it, the bag with saltwater and anemone goes crashing to the ground when the sealer melts right through the bag.

I immediately go to save the anemone first and the water starts to roll towards my brand new Apex EB832 power strip and proceeds to short it out.

Its like 30 mins until FedEx closes so I took one look at the things that were plugged in to the EB832 and assessed that the tank will be fine without those items for 1 hr.

Grab another anemone and package that one up, this time remembering to reduce the heat to seal the bags and I'm off to FedEx!

Get back and spend the next 1.5 hours swapping all my equipment to an old EB8 I had on hand and been running with that ever since.

Today I get to ship out the EB832 for repair... Sigh.
That sounds pretty rough. How many things can you have go wrong at once?
 
That sounds pretty rough. How many things can you have go wrong at once?
I'm just glad in a flurry I didn't knock down the Alkatronic or knock my new Radions off their mounts and into the frag tank. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
 
So, I have a good story that as long as you aren't the person it happened to, is pretty entertaining.

That sucks, so painful. We've all had minor versions of that.

That sounds pretty rough. How many things can you have go wrong at once?
Never ask that aloud..
 
So, I have a good story that as long as you aren't the person it happened to, is pretty entertaining.

I was shipping out a Mak Corals Inferno BTA to someone and was heat sealing the bag when it dawned on me... Wait... The larger bags are 2 mils but the setting on the sealer is for the thicker 4 mils bags I sealed last week. Before I could even do anything about it, the bag with saltwater and anemone goes crashing to the ground when the sealer melts right through the bag.

I immediately go to save the anemone first and the water starts to roll towards my brand new Apex EB832 power strip and proceeds to short it out.

Its like 30 mins until FedEx closes so I took one look at the things that were plugged in to the EB832 and assessed that the tank will be fine without those items for 1 hr.

Grab another anemone and package that one up, this time remembering to reduce the heat to seal the bags and I'm off to FedEx!

Get back and spend the next 1.5 hours swapping all my equipment to an old EB8 I had on hand and been running with that ever since.

Today I get to ship out the EB832 for repair... Sigh.
YIKES!!! Sounds like I need to get on the ball!!!! :eek:
 
YIKES!!! Sounds like I need to get on the ball!!!! :eek:
I squarely blame you... Mainly because my wife wasn't in the room for me to blame her... Or the dog. [emoji16]
 
Nice healthy pieces!! Great work !!!

nice_tank_bro-rdd9a064f0cfa4a0baa374b9b4c40ad73_jyr6d_324.jpg
 
Nice healthy pieces!! Great work !!!

nice_tank_bro-rdd9a064f0cfa4a0baa374b9b4c40ad73_jyr6d_324.jpg
Thank you! Keeping it that way is just as hard as getting there in the first place. C'mon Alkatronic! [emoji16]
 
Thank you! Keeping it that way is just as hard as getting there in the first place. C'mon Alkatronic! [emoji16]

I can relate to keeping it that way. Spend an hour per day with three tanks assuring all levels and feeding is correct.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top