FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Good luck man! Those colonies are huuuuge!
Thank you! It’ll fun to try to reglue the colonies in the new structure with all that weight.

Welp, it’s empty. I’ll clean up the sandbed a bit, and toss in the new rock. May not be inspired to aquascape it yet but we’ll see. That old man back is barking at me.
50781FB5-72B2-4E69-B9E5-1FC4225B5582.jpeg
 
Thank you! It’ll fun to try to reglue the colonies in the new structure with all that weight.

Welp, it’s empty. I’ll clean up the sandbed a bit, and toss in the new rock. May not be inspired to aquascape it yet but we’ll see. That old man back is barking at me.
50781FB5-72B2-4E69-B9E5-1FC4225B5582.jpeg

That little flame angle be like "Bro, what?"
 
The real word: dumb

But this is unfortunately how I work. Once I’m inspired, it’s go time. Haha.
Were you ghost feeding that rock? Does it likely have any stored PO4?

I ask because my replacement rock had no phosphate stored. So, of course, it bound up the little bit I had in the system. Thankfully, I can smell a dino a mile away so I figured this out before my sticks started to complain. Dosed it up and ran UV and everyone was fine. Just another random thought to cloud your thinking on this exercise. :)
 
Were you ghost feeding that rock? Does it likely have any stored PO4?

I ask because my replacement rock had no phosphate stored. So, of course, it bound up the little bit I had in the system. Thankfully, I can smell a dino a mile away so I figured this out before my sticks started to complain. Dosed it up and ran UV and everyone was fine. Just another random thought to cloud your thinking on this exercise. :)
Yes, it was mixed with some rocks from my sump this whole time in the tub and I added some fish and snails into that tub and fed with lights on. It was basically a rudimentary running tank in the tub for the past 7-8 months. Good point to make though bud. There’s always some impact to the nutrient loading of the rocks or lack of nutrients when it impacts your already balanced system. I’ll be monitoring daily to see what scenario I end up with.
 
Not final by any means but wanted to get some rocks back in there and threw some of the colonies on top of the structure for now.

Fish were already critiquing my work and so far… the reviews haven’t been great.
3889B7D7-41AC-4D04-98C7-6C45FBD5D81D.jpeg
 
Too much for you to clean the power heads while you were in there :rolleyes:

Pretty impressive you got done that fast.
I get limited kid-free time. Got to make use of what I got… powerheads didn’t get the nod. :(
 
I’m going to be “releasing the kraken” this week and adding it to the rock structure. Let it find its happy place and then glue coral colonies around it. Blue gig came in last year roughly about the size of a silver dollar pancake.
66A2C90C-21FD-4B44-92A0-B91B3AABA1B6.jpeg
 
I’m going to be “releasing the kraken” this week and adding it to the rock structure. Let it find its happy place and then glue coral colonies around it. Blue gig came in last year roughly about the size of a silver dollar pancake.
66A2C90C-21FD-4B44-92A0-B91B3AABA1B6.jpeg
looks like a tiny basket :shrug:
 
I’m going to be “releasing the kraken” this week and adding it to the rock structure. Let it find its happy place and then glue coral colonies around it. Blue gig came in last year roughly about the size of a silver dollar pancake.
66A2C90C-21FD-4B44-92A0-B91B3AABA1B6.jpeg
I don’t think I’m allowed to say what it looks like to me

Signed
Guy that performs laser hair removal for a living
 
Finally clicked on this thread and first picture I see is the empty barren tank. I was so confused, haha!
Man, those sps colonies are the business. I told myself I wouldn't try sps since they sounded too finicky, but it's tanks like yours that make me want to attempt them
 
Finally clicked on this thread and first picture I see is the empty barren tank. I was so confused, haha!
Man, those sps colonies are the business. I told myself I wouldn't try sps since they sounded too finicky, but it's tanks like yours that make me want to attempt them
Nothing like tubs of rock and empty sandbed to make you wonder what on earth is going on here. :D

SPS is like juggling on a unicycle. When it’s going good, you feel like a bad-lass (haha, got around you filters) and king of the world. When it isn’t, you’re all bruised up laying on the ground wondering what just happened.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top