FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Anybody else having issues uploading pics from their phone? It’ll load to 100% and then say parsing failed.

Guess I’ll just have to start making more videos.
Yup Thats Right GIF by Katelyn Tarver

Whilst making MORE videos, can you also make LESS excuses!?!! :D
 
Looks like the “parsing” issue has resolved itself.
innocent whistle GIF


So I moved my giant red goni colony the clowns were hosting in the display to a frag tank to force them to use the blue gig anemone I added as their new home.

But knowing me… seeing a giant goni colony just sitting there in the frag tank means… fragging time!

984A69BB-879C-41E4-BBC0-10EC06AE174D.jpeg
82B5059A-1AB8-4FED-A27E-E1C61423D2B6.jpeg
128B60BA-47BC-4F8D-B07F-62682FFDCF86.jpeg
 
Looks like the “parsing” issue has resolved itself.
innocent whistle GIF


So I moved my giant red goni colony the clowns were hosting in the display to a frag tank to force them to use the blue gig anemone I added as their new home.

But knowing me… seeing a giant goni colony just sitting there in the frag tank means… fragging time!

984A69BB-879C-41E4-BBC0-10EC06AE174D.jpeg
82B5059A-1AB8-4FED-A27E-E1C61423D2B6.jpeg
128B60BA-47BC-4F8D-B07F-62682FFDCF86.jpeg
I have seen in several places on your thread where you mentioned you don't feed the Goni, but you do feed the fish a ton. I couldn't find what you feed. Would you mind sharing?
 
Looks like the “parsing” issue has resolved itself.
innocent whistle GIF


So I moved my giant red goni colony the clowns were hosting in the display to a frag tank to force them to use the blue gig anemone I added as their new home.

But knowing me… seeing a giant goni colony just sitting there in the frag tank means… fragging time!

984A69BB-879C-41E4-BBC0-10EC06AE174D.jpeg
82B5059A-1AB8-4FED-A27E-E1C61423D2B6.jpeg
128B60BA-47BC-4F8D-B07F-62682FFDCF86.jpeg
The Gryphon hard at work.
 
I have seen in several places on your thread where you mentioned you don't feed the Goni, but you do feed the fish a ton. I couldn't find what you feed. Would you mind sharing?
Yes sir. Usually just a mix of pellets and my own frozen I make. Various fish I get from Whole Foods, clams, oysters, shrimp, squid, and octopus combined with fish eggs I buy from the Asian market and rinse. I throw in mysis and Angel food mix and call it a day.
 
Yes sir. Usually just a mix of pellets and my own frozen I make. Various fish I get from Whole Foods, clams, oysters, shrimp, squid, and octopus combined with fish eggs I buy from the Asian market and rinse. I throw in mysis and Angel food mix and call it a day.
So you don't use any type of powder food for the corals, ie Goni Power, or Reefroids, reefchili? I have been using LRS Reef Freenzy, mixed with some powder food.
 
So you don't use any type of powder food for the corals, ie Goni Power, or Reefroids, reefchili? I have been using LRS Reef Freenzy, mixed with some powder food.
I try not to. Just usually loaded with phosphates. I will occasionally add some to the frozen food when feeding but it’s sparing.
 
Well the moving of my ATO to the 200 gal tank in the garage didn’t come to fruition this last weekend. I made a critical error in selecting pumps that had only 6’ cords… which isn’t going to work out with a vertical tank that 7’ tall. Back to the drawing board maybe this weekend.

I lost some colonies after removing the old rock and removing some sand and replacing with new cured rock. Luckily, the system is turning back around and colors are coming back nicely.

BC Bubblebath Unicorn
5D0D3B73-7C6C-452D-BA04-9C71A5B0A515.jpeg
 
I lost some colonies after removing the old rock and removing some sand and replacing with new cured rock. Luckily, the system is turning back around and colors are coming back nicely.
This was in the display, right?

Did the new rock bind up your available phosphate? Asking for a friend. Happened to him one. Or twice.
 
This was in the display, right?

Did the new rock bind up your available phosphate? Asking for a friend. Happened to him one. Or twice.
Yes sir. In the display. No, my phosphates were about the same after. I tested daily for a week after just to monitor.

The rocks were cured for 8 months and were growing algae on them so there was no lack of phosphates within them is my guess. My best guess would be the disturbing of the 5 year old sand. It was pretty nasty and still is. I would love to just siphon it all out and add new sand. I feel this would crash my system though.
 
I made a critical error in selecting pumps that had only 6’ cords
Made the same mistake with mine by ordering Sicce. Mag drives are longer, but now I just use a 50ml BRS doser/avast diaphragm or my Litermeter. Not a huge fan of Spectrapure personally, especially with their ridiculous price increase ''before inflation''.

Btw, this farmerty shirt is ridiculously soft. Quite an unexpected surprise. :D
 
Made the same mistake with mine by ordering Sicce. Mag drives are longer, but now I just use a 50ml BRS doser/avast diaphragm or my Litermeter. Not a huge fan of Spectrapure personally, especially with their ridiculous price increase ''before inflation''.

Btw, this farmerty shirt is ridiculously soft. Quite an unexpected surprise. :D
Should have had you consult on my ATO shenanigans. I’m going with Mag drive… I get a lot of evaporation. 8’ cords should be just enough.

You know what they say… hard corals… soft t-shirts. Pretty sure they say that.
 
Still got this guy. Jawdropper chunk is encrusting significantly but not too much branch action yet. I might frag it just to get it going again. Sometimes I find this helps.
F1B5834E-8FEE-4879-ABF6-30F5775A5FB1.jpeg

As far as the systems go, all on autopilot for now. I just need to finalize the auto topoff for both systems and add another Kamoer auto water changer to the backup system.

I’m still researching options for higher RO/DI production per day. I was eyeballing a 1000g/day system in reality, that’s overshooting a bit for my needs. 400-600g/day is more than enough.
 
Still got this guy. Jawdropper chunk is encrusting significantly but not too much branch action yet. I might frag it just to get it going again. Sometimes I find this helps.
F1B5834E-8FEE-4879-ABF6-30F5775A5FB1.jpeg

As far as the systems go, all on autopilot for now. I just need to finalize the auto topoff for both systems and add another Kamoer auto water changer to the backup system.

I’m still researching options for higher RO/DI production per day. I was eyeballing a 1000g/day system in reality, that’s overshooting a bit for my needs. 400-600g/day is more than enough.
I wish you posted this a few days ago... I just got one. would have like to have ordered from you.
 
I wish you posted this a few days ago... I just got one. would have like to have ordered from you.
Blame reef2reef uploading issues. I tried last week to no avail. You’ll love it!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top