Fauna Marin Ultra LPS Food

  • Thread starter Thread starter Connie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
56
Location
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is WOW! Every coral in my tank goes nuts for this stuff. Immediate feeder extension. I've never seen such a response, Some of my SPS even grab it. I know others are using this product as well. What has been your experience?
 
Same results here. Perfect grow from acans, blasstis, trachys and also anemones...

+1 I thought it was pricey when I bought it...now I think I'd pay more if I had to. Absolutely great stuff...only problem is my fish love it too. Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
 
+1 I thought it was pricey when I bought it...now I think I'd pay more if I had to. Absolutely great stuff...only problem is my fish love it too. Lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I have to fight off the fish so the corals have time to swallow this stuff up. Been using it for a year and will definitely buy more when it's run out.
 
You will have the best results when applying it at Night. 1 or 2 hours after light is out. Then the most fish are sleeping and will not hunt it. Also after lights out, The polyp extension is perfect for a fast consumption from the corals.
 
My Sailfin Tang thinks everything I put in the tank is just for him!...lol ...So I have to wait until he's gone night-night before I feed the LPS.
 
I just started feed this stuff this week. I make my own little mixture of fauna lps pellets that crush up a little to have varying sizes pellets. Cyclo flakes. And coral smoothie. It seems to be a good mix.

I feed at night about an hour after the lights go off.
Corals just gobble it up!
 
Last edited:
Fauna LPS food really is great stuff. With that said it's extremely potent! Do not overfeed, and make sure to watch your parameters if you feed this often. Also, I've seen coral tissue get burned if this food is left on the tissue for too long and not consumed... this was in coral-only tanks so those of you with a high fish load will likely not experience this issue :)
 
How do you target feed the pellets to the acan?


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Some kind of turkey baster always works best!

Fauna LPS food really is great stuff. With that said it's extremely potent! Do not overfeed, and make sure to watch your parameters if you feed this often. Also, I've seen coral tissue get burned if this food is left on the tissue for too long and not consumed... this was in coral-only tanks so those of you with a high fish load will likely not experience this issue :)

Good info! I'll make sure I watch out for both of these
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top