Favorite Combo of Clowns?

For the second clown I’m considering

Mocha Lighting Clown
6261F0D1-AC45-4E7E-9712-07E5149694CA.jpeg


Or

Extreme Gladiator
B669AE53-87AC-4884-8DCF-CD4F65139746.jpeg

Trying to decide which will look better with the longfin
I vote extreme gladiator, the mochas look too much like the long fins to me, just without the fins. The gladiators are very clearly different and the contrast would be very cool I think.
 
I vote extreme gladiator, the mochas look too much like the long fins to me, just without the fins. The gladiators are very clearly different and the contrast would be very cool I think.
I was also leaning more towards the extreme gladiator. I wish I could keep a bunch of diff kinds without any aggression ;Hilarious so many great looking ones to choose from
 
"Deformity" typically implies that there is something wrong or detrimental. Deformities in clowns refer to shorter than normal fins, flat faces (like a bulldog), pinched face (where the face is too small for the body), extended jaw (gives the appearance of an overbite), etc.

The term we typically use to describe clowns with unique traits is "aberrant." In the case of the longfin, apparently it's a mutation that was first observed in a single fish in a captive-bred fish facility (story here).

Regarding mixing different fish types, pairing fish of the same species but with different color morphs is perfectly fine. Even pairing fish of two different species can work. Mixing Percula and Ocellaris is common and easy to do, while mixing other species such as a Premnas (maroon) with Percula/Ocellaris is more difficult. I rarely see other species combined in pairs.
 
Thank you for the reply, interesting story you linked. Glad to know the longfin doesn’t have deformities
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top