First time, First Build, Wish me luck! Waterbox REEF 100.3

Bellamy803

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
160
Reaction score
128
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the hobby! First build......

Aquarium
  • Waterbox Reef 100.3 (72g display w/about 100 gallon total system) (Delivered)
  • Lighting- Kessil Ap9x (Delivered)
  • Flow - x2 Vortech MP40's (2-3 Days out)

Sump Setup:

  • Vectra S2 pump (1 day out)
  • XP Aqua Ultimate ATO (1 days out)
  • NYOS Quantum 120 Skimmer (1 day out)
  • Apex Neptune System Controller w/ Apex Dosing Package (Delivered)
  • Kessil H80 Tuna Flora Refuguim Light (Delivered)
  • Coralife Turbo Twist x6 UV (Ordered 2 days out)

Things I still need or I am still researching:

  • In-line UV Sterilizer - Researching still (Ordered)
  • Heater/Chiller (Thought I would cycle the tank and watch the temp variations before making decisions)
  • Live Rock (Still going back and forth between dry rock and live wet rock)
  • Sand (I think I have settled on CaribSea Bimini Pink) (Still researching)
  • RODI System (Still researching)
Pics will start this evening!!!

What am I missing?
 
Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats on the tank. There are lots of amazing people here that can help.

Welcome to R2R!


Thank you! And I plan to take advantage of all of the knowledge here. haha. with the long term goal of being able to give back of course. Not going to lie - pretty nervous. I'm extremely OCD and I know that things not always going to be perfect..
 
New to the hobby! First build......

Aquarium
  • Waterbox Reef 100.3 (72g display w/about 100 gallon total system) (Delivers tomorrow)
  • Lighting- Kessil Ap9x (Delivered)
  • Flow - x2 Vortech MP40's (2-3 Days out)

Sump Setup:

  • Vectra S2 pump (1 day out)
  • XP Aqua Ultimate ATO (2 days out)
  • NYOS Quantum 120 Skimmer (1 day out)
  • Apex Neptune System Controller w/ Apex Dosing Package (Delivered)
  • Kessil H80 Tuna Flora Refuguim Light (Delivered)

Things I still need or I am still researching:

  • In-line UV Sterilizer - Researching still
  • Heater/Chiller (Thought I would cycle the tank and watch the temp variations before making decisions)
  • Live Rock (Still going back and forth between dry rock and live wet rock)
  • Sand (I think I have settled on CaribSea Bimini Pink) (Still researching)
  • RODI System (Still researching)
Pics will start this evening!!!

What am I missing?
Awesome build
nice gear
Enjoy the process
Remember it’s a hobby
Challenging at time but should always be fun
 
Can't wait to see the build. I've been looking at the WaterBox 100.3 recently.

Good Luck on your build!


Unboxed today (pics coming tonight) let me tell ya. The quality is ALL THERE. I'm new to the hobby but I can easily recognize when something had some extra time and money put into it but don't take it from me. My buddy whos owned probably 25+ tanks and is helping me sort out this build said he's never seen anything built this well. Very happy with the product.
 
Ok!!!!! So no unboxing...there’s plenty of that on YouTube. However here are a couple pics pre cabinet build tonight.

2DCBEA32-5A2E-44E9-90E8-CC7FA15C1E04.jpeg 42B2137D-9CD4-444F-BD23-5F1CBE5C1A21.jpeg 7009866A-72EB-4CE2-ADB3-3DB08393921A.jpeg 52FCF302-E90C-4D63-BC49-231AEEB86CA4.jpeg 9D199BB2-233F-4337-84B0-F42E342A278A.jpeg AEB3D798-95AD-4743-AC2C-0591CA53F66E.jpeg B492C2E3-98E7-421C-81AC-668852D92CB9.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top