First time, First Build, Wish me luck! Waterbox REEF 100.3

Added a live Nest Cam for the sump and did a temporary cam setup on the side of the display tank. After researching for quite a while for a in water, live stream, adjustable wide angle (doesn’t exist) I went with a housing to fix a nest cam to the glass. Front glass doesn’t give enough view. Side is nice but obviously cannot see all of the tank either. Will be working to figure out a way to see it all.
 

Attachments

  • B3D8696A-4C7B-4E31-B073-4C0219ACBB45.jpeg
    B3D8696A-4C7B-4E31-B073-4C0219ACBB45.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 221F2C28-6A30-465E-AD06-CDE509694575.jpeg
    221F2C28-6A30-465E-AD06-CDE509694575.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 74
I really like the Nest camera idea! Got a quick question is possible....how did you hook up your UV? I have a 100.3 pending delivery and been researching UV. Do you have it connected via return pump?

Thanks - Dan
 
How is the tank going ? Do you find hard to manage the space inside the cabine near so close to the sump ?
 
I really like the Nest camera idea! Got a quick question is possible....how did you hook up your UV? I have a 100.3 pending delivery and been researching UV. Do you have it connected via return pump?

Thanks - Dan


Hey Dan, I have not hooked up the UV yet. I will most likely be mounting it on the wall side where the return and ATO is. I ordered a white cabinet that will set on another wall near the tank. All of my electronics are being mounted in that instead of in the sump area of the main display stand. With a little creativity you could get everything in the cabinet with the sump I just don’t want the cluster.
 
How is the tank going ? Do you find hard to manage the space inside the cabine near so close to the sump ?


I’ve ordered another white console style cabinet that will sit on an adjacent wall. All of my electronics are going to be wired and mounted in there instead of the sump area
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top