First Time Tank Setup! 60 Gal Tank + 29 Gal Sump

Added an oversized plastic cap with an air hole drilled and set it on top of the drain pipe. It reduced the noise by probably 50-60%!
 
Current status of the tank.

B650D035-97C9-43AA-A7BB-31C1AEC8625C.jpeg
B1C9E081-DE37-4BC8-8E89-80CA91FE847F.jpeg
 
Here is one video (didn't watch it) but what you need is a hofer gurgle burster! Will quiet the single pipe right down and takes up little space. It's similar to what you did already but should quiet it down like 95%.

 
Would a Red Sea Reef Wave 45 be complete overkill for my size tank? I purchased it to future proof myself for possible larger tanks in the future.

I found that the Vectra M2 is way too powerful and had to calibrate it to a much lower power setting because the water in the sump couldn't refill the pump chamber quickly enough.
 
So the m2 is running fine now turned down?
Ya, the M2 allows you to calibrate the pump with a min and max flow setting on the controller. Once calibrated, you can use the flow speed dial with your new min and max settings without blasting your tank.
 
What are these large floating things in my tank while it is cycling?
 
What are these large floating things in my tank while it is cycling?

This looks like the bacteria and film that would come out of a canister filter when priming and the hoses hadn't been cleaned in awhile. Could be turning on and off your return pump blasting the inside of the braided hose returns you're using. I could be wrong, but that looks like what comes out of my spray bars and hoses if I turn off my canisters on the freshwaters and have to reprime
 
nothing to worry about. Will get caught somewhere eventually. It looks like you have a lot of air bubbles going on in the return?
 
nothing to worry about. Will get caught somewhere eventually. It looks like you have a lot of air bubbles going on in the return?
Ya, there were some return bubbles going. I had the flow of the pump turned way up to show the floaters and the tank needed a few cups off top-off water.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top