Found this fish in my tank, what is it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bct15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pearl fish (given their elected domicile) are thankfully much more slender than that guy.

your guy is built and colored like a blenny or goby - stocky. Strange surprise indeed!

-Matt
 
Just googles a pearl fish, it does resemble that. I don't have any cucumbers in my tank though, I have two clams and have had them for a long time. Maybe it's been in there the whole time.

I thought it was strange finding a fish I never put in there, and it was weird looking too with those little eyes on top of its head.

Some Pearlfish species will use clams (and other bivalves) as hosts, as well as starfish and sea cucumbers.
 
You could always submit a picture of it to the guys at Wet Web Media. I bet they could easily ID the little fellow.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top