Getting ready to start my first saltwater tank....

Hi Welcome to R2R :cool:

Welcome deep sea fish.gif
 
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis

Love it! Look forward to the progress!
 
I am saving up to jump in to the hobby. I have watched the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing on YouTube. I joined this forum so I can do additional research. My "plan" is to get a 180 gallon tank (72x24x24) with a 56 gallon sump. In addition to the normal things needed in the sump (skimmer and return pump) I want to run a Zeovit reactor and a two part doser. I plan on having fish and corals in the tank. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Curtis
Exciting!!! Welcome to R2R and the hobby. This is a great place to get your questions answered. We're glad to have you. Prepare for a great journey.
 
Very nice scaping!! Leave pipe white. Paint will peel eventually and cause issues
 
Last edited:
Welcome! This place is full of knowledge. Check out the stickies at the top and ask questions.

Also if you want good videos I’d recommend BRStv and Reefbuilders YouTube channels they are amazing.
 
Very nice! Make sure you make as much of the tank automated as you can! When I upgraded from a 55 to 90 the work load required from it made me dislike the hobby for a few years. Now I am back into it and all I really have to do is check parameters and do a water change! I am now in love with my tank!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top