Getting ready to start my first saltwater tank....

Welcome to R2R! I live out in Tempe, AZ PM me and i can send you any good advice and also help you out with the best fish stores to go to for different things!
facts-about-puffer-fish.jpg
Thanks, I have been visiting all the local stores I could find. Discount Aquarium, Reef Monster, Coral Life, Kona Reef and Ocean Floor. I even went to Shark Reef and Fishy Bizness in Tucson.
 
just passing by....
-Salt, water and carbon are cheap and reliable fixes if/when things go wrong
-watch out for electricity, I try to turn off the juice if I must put hands in water
- I never trust a single pH probe, I usually buy 2 or atleast one hand held
 
Thanks for the information. Waiting for a year or so to add the doser and reactor will get me my tank sooner because that is less money I have to save. I was not planning on getting SPS in the beginning. I am planning on starting with softies and LPS like you said.
Get an over powered skimmer make life easier lol
 
Thanks, I have been visiting all the local stores I could find. Discount Aquarium, Reef Monster, Coral Life, Kona Reef and Ocean Floor. I even went to Shark Reef and Fishy Bizness in Tucson.
I love discount, as long as you know what you need to look for on a coral you can get some killer deals! I mainly go there for tank upgrades and such because they are so cheap... I am about to go pick up a 180g plumped and the sump for $120.... How could you not haha
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top