Haha trueGetting into the hobby in the first place.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Haha trueGetting into the hobby in the first place.
Just curious... how deep was sandDeciding to clean the sand bed on a 16 Nuvo that was running fantastically well and required almost no maintenance. Big Nem with clown and hundreds of Zoas. Returned later to a stinking tank full of dead corals dying Nem and dead clown. Either always vacuum your sand bed or never!
I had not vacuumed it for more than a year and I have read this builds up major amounts of Amonia , sulfur and nitrate , nitrite. The whole tank crashed overnight.
Wow. Sry manHurricane sandy. I was evacuated and not allowed back home for 8-9 days. Left this
![]()
Came home to this
![]()
Just about left the hobby after but I'm glad I didn't.
None and I did nothing else to cause the crash.One inch and you think that was the cause? Did you have any sandsifters? An inch is very little to have trapped poisonous gas.

