Golden hammer no more…

My po4 stays around .1, my last test was done about an hr ago it registered .1 on avg 4 tests
You want .04-.08Max on PO4. Its slightly elevated
 
.1 PO4 is not that terrible. Not enough to cause issues with your new corals IMO. That one with the two heads is looking worse and looks like it has lost more tissue. Looks like the smaller head is mostly gone now? I don't see signs of BJD but if it gets worse and the remaining head dies it could decay and potentially cause BJD or some other bacterial infection that might infect the others. The concern is why it's declining and what appears to be some tissue loss on the hammer to the left? I think I see some white skeleton showing towards the bottom left. If the tissue is receding up the skeleton towards the head that's not a good sign. Could be water parameters and nutrient levels or just fluctuations in them that are too rapid.
hams.jpg
 
.1 PO4 is not that terrible. Not enough to cause issues with your new corals IMO. That one with the two heads is looking worse and looks like it has lost more tissue. Looks like the smaller head is mostly gone now? I don't see signs of BJD but if it gets worse and the remaining head dies it could decay and potentially cause BJD or some other bacterial infection that might infect the others. The concern is why it's declining and what appears to be some tissue loss on the hammer to the left? I think I see some white skeleton showing towards the bottom left. If the tissue is receding up the skeleton towards the head that's not a good sign. Could be water parameters and nutrient levels or just fluctuations in them that are too rapid.
hams.jpg
I had a major stress event where the power to aquarium was cut off for 8~10 hrs about 3 weeks ago. No losses yet but that’s when the decline got worse. The purple one has tissue recession I’ve noticed it two had shrunk but looks like it’s making a comeback. It was also covered with white hair algae at the base took a toothbrush to it now it looks happier, What do you recommend?
 
Last edited:
Here are latest parameters, I did a 10% WC after. I usually wait 2 days to retest, ca is a little high, I think my Hanna salinity pen is off my kh was elevated as well. I’ve recalibrated like 3 times. I’m using Red Sea pro and Hanna’s to test parameters will be getting a refracto to double check, my hydrometer is reading way high 1.028 which do I trust? My ph is at lower limit I tried opening a window 24hrs and added airstone for aeration/turbulence. I’m going to let it run but if stuff starts dying I’m going to have to raise ph

CED4871B-C067-4209-8F21-1CEBB52D35A4.png
 
Last edited:
I had a major stress event where the power to aquarium was cut off for 8~10 hrs about 3 weeks ago. No losses yet but that’s when the decline got worse. The purple one has tissue recession I’ve noticed it two had shrunk but looks like it’s making a comeback. What do you recommend?
Keep things stable. They should have stabilized and be showing signs of recovery from the power outage. I would just keep an eye on things and if the tissue is still receding there is an ongoing issue.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top