Great Swimming Fish: Who does it best?

What types of fish are the best swimmers? (Pick the top 2)

  • Anthias

    Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Angelfish

    Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Butterfly Fish

    Votes: 15 3.8%
  • Clownfish

    Votes: 53 13.6%
  • Basslets

    Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Dartfish

    Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Dragonets

    Votes: 22 5.6%
  • Eels

    Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Rabbitfish

    Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Gobies

    Votes: 22 5.6%
  • Tangs

    Votes: 171 43.7%
  • Wrasse

    Votes: 170 43.5%

  • Total voters
    391
I choose anthias. I love those fish so much. They look so elegant.
 
My Mccosker's Wrasse is a lot of fun to watch. Extremely active and interesting swimming behavior.
 
I went for wrasses because I used to have a red coris wrasse and it would spend all day darting around my tank. It would spend its time either burrowing or swimming. I also voted for dragonets because I love the way they scoot around in short bursts looking for pods. I currently have a Spotted Mandarin Dragonet.
 
I voted dartfish and gobies. Dartfish because my dad has a beautiful Zebra Barred Dartfish in his tank that flairs his fins often and darts all around, as the name suggests, and gobies because blenny was not an option. I love watching my bicolor blenny!
 
My purple Tang and Foxface are BFF and it's nice seeing them swim by but, my favorite fish to watch is my flame hawk. Not much of a swimmer. He just perches himself on a rock or frag rack and watches me watching him.
 
5C5FF239-4627-411E-8DB0-FDAF00AB81CD.jpeg
Clowns for sure. They’re simple but have tons of personality and you usually always see them in pairs interacting with each other. Definitely worth watch for a while.
 
I did not vote, as my choice as previously mentioned was my green chromis, but I want to make it more specific as there are so many way to swim.
My vote would be the following
Best endurance swimmer Green Chromis, never stop and swim face to the water flow.
Best water treader Clowns they can stay in the same spot for hours, even at night in a corner of the tank. I do not know how they sleep.
Fatest swimmer Firefish they disappear in a blink of an eye and I cannot tell where they went.
Best cruiser Hippo Tang and Foxface swim leisurely through out the tank, ignoring others.
Best explorers Sixline wrasse and Elfii angel. They are constantly checking rocks and going in and out of them.
Most unusual Pajama Cardinal. They look like a mechanical toy when they swim. They keep their body and their fins completely still when they advance, yet zero in to their target quite fast.
Best observer but poor swimmer Starry Blenny. Was continually watching what was going on around him.
 
I voted for Dartfish because I love watching Firefish swimming around. They are very graceful and then, boom, they are gone. My favorite fish to watch though is not on the list. I find a large Niger Trigger to by almost hypnotic to watch. It just seems so effortless. Achilles Tangs are pretty much up there as well.
 
No love for hawkfish. I've always had an affinity for how they perch on the highest point and swoop down. Even better if you some small schooling fish for them to harass.
 
I did not vote, as my choice as previously mentioned was my green chromis, but I want to make it more specific as there are so many way to swim.
My vote would be the following
Best endurance swimmer Green Chromis, never stop and swim face to the water flow.
Best water treader Clowns they can stay in the same spot for hours, even at night in a corner of the tank. I do not know how they sleep.
Fatest swimmer Firefish they disappear in a blink of an eye and I cannot tell where they went.
Best cruiser Hippo Tang and Foxface swim leisurely through out the tank, ignoring others.
Best explorers Sixline wrasse and Elfii angel. They are constantly checking rocks and going in and out of them.
Most unusual Pajama Cardinal. They look like a mechanical toy when they swim. They keep their body and their fins completely still when they advance, yet zero in to their target quite fast.
Best observer but poor swimmer Starry Blenny. Was continually watching what was going on around him.
What’s an “Elfii Angelfish?” They sound similar but I can’t figure out how I know it.
 
eThis is an Elfli angel. They are under rated in my opinion. Mine must be close to six years.
 
Niger Trigger. Not on the list but watching this brute move around the tank makes my face smile.
 
tangs and wrasses! I love watching my Vroliks wrasse and yellow tang swim around the tank
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top