H2O2 for aiptasia and dipping cheato algae.

What if i dip cheato in fw? Wud it kill apitasia? If yes, howlong?
 
I've dipped macroalgae like chaeto and caulerpa in fresh water to kill flatworms. It isn't optimal for the macro, but they do survive.

I'm just not sure on the relative kill times for aiptasia and macroalgae. If the aiptasia just balls up, it might last a while.
 
What if i dip cheato in fw? Wud it kill apitasia? If yes, howlong?

FW will def kill it, but how long will it take IS the question. Short enough to not kill the algae, but long enough to kill the aptasia. Test time :)
 
I've dipped macroalgae like chaeto and caulerpa in fresh water to kill flatworms. It isn't optimal for the macro, but they do survive.

I'm just not sure on the relative kill times for aiptasia and macroalgae. If the aiptasia just balls up, it might last a while.
How long can i dip cheato in fw?
 
I have sold many tank raised peppermint shrimps without a single problem. I beleive there are a few very similar species with different habits.
The Camel shrimps are good for big tanks because they eat both Aiptasia and buttons. So they might reduce Palythoa and secure that the tank does not get infected by zoas everywhere. In the tank i keep them they do not touch Euphyllia and SpS.
 
Fw dip will usually kill chaeto before anything else, except flatworms, like randy mentioned. Because they die in a few seconds. Keep in mind, when you are doing testing, that it will take about a week to notice the chaeto dying off after dipping. So take your testing slow.
I dip my aiptasia for a few minutes to remove any pests in them before feeding to berghias.
Berghia nudibranchs are always a safe bet for removing aiptasia from your system. Aiptasia is the only thing they eat.
 
Fw dip will usually kill chaeto before anything else, except flatworms, like randy mentioned. Because they die in a few seconds. Keep in mind, when you are doing testing, that it will take about a week to notice the chaeto dying off after dipping. So take your testing slow.
I dip my aiptasia for a few minutes to remove any pests in them before feeding to berghias.
Berghia nudibranchs are always a safe bet for removing aiptasia from your system. Aiptasia is the only thing they eat.
Im from india, we dont get them here. :( i tried alot. I have been to singapore, thailand and hk, cudnt find them there too. :(
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top