hanna phosephate reading 0.55 good or bad

Hi every one phosphate drop to 0.36 ppm using Hanna test kit any one got any ideas as if ok on that level...
 
I try to stay below 0.1 ppm no matter what. Don't try to drop the level too fast though, don't want to stress anything out.
 
I try to stay below 0.1 ppm no matter what. Don't try to drop the level too fast though, don't want to stress anything out.
OK thank you done 2 big water changes things looking good
 
Hi Dave, like others have said your phosphate is high, and I dont think your getting the advice your after
A tank photo would help, along with detailed parameters and age of tank.

The experts would be able to give you good solid advice.
 
< .04 is the max i accept
Try using chemipure elite which will lower it and keep it in check
 
Hanna phosephate reading 0.55 good or bad
It all depends what kind of Tank setup and what's inside.

A single test, and no information about what kind of Tank ......means no proper advice can be given.

My Mixed Tank with NO SPS had Phosphate 0.5ppm to 0.6ppm, maybe even higher was like this photo below.

Kitchen90GalLPSTank-small.jpg


Corals grew like crazy, especially Palys, mushrooms and LPS.

NO SPS would survive in that tank.

More detail needed about your tank.

Is this Tank Fish only?
Is this Tank Have Corals? (and what kind)
Size of Tank?
etc?
etc?

Start a Tank thread with all that information. Photos would help.
Giving and answer to a single Measurement is not possible and not recommended.

And anyone who say's Phosphate MUST be below 0.1 ppm is not entirely correct (even for SPS), since other factor are important (what Corals, lighting Levels, Nitrate, and so much more)
For SPS the range I feel comfortable with is 0.075 pm to 0.15 ppm.
The Lowest I feel comfortable with before getting in Danger Zone is 0.05ppm (Only for Experienced Reefers)

Sure Lower levels are fine if a brand new tank, or a certain kind of setup.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top