GHL has stated that they are currently replacing probes that do not make it to 6 months.What is strange to me is why would anyone rush out to buy an older unit with a defective older probe?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
GHL has stated that they are currently replacing probes that do not make it to 6 months.What is strange to me is why would anyone rush out to buy an older unit with a defective older probe?
The original probe does not work properly straight out of the Box.GHL has stated that they are currently replacing probes that do not make it to 6 months.
Oh, my understanding was that sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't and when it did... it might not have the 6 month lifespan it shouldThe original probe does not work properly straight out of the Box.
Seems like the Calcium test was never reading properly and some of the other tests had numbers that bounced all over the place. It really does not matter because it is not the final probe, so we will have to wait and see what the final version does.Oh, my understanding was that sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't and when it did... it might not have the 6 month lifespan it should
So if that's the case I guess we need another beta..Seems like the Calcium test was never reading properly and some of the other tests had numbers that bounced all over the place. It really does not matter because it is not the final probe, so we will have to wait and see what the final version does.
I think they are way past the point of having another proper Beta testing round, unless they had the latest probe from five months ago and have been testing it and hiding that fact.So if that's the case I guess we need another beta..
Is your concern about the product itself or when you’ll actually receive it? For people selected to have it, they seem to say good things but then you hear about new probes being developed because of longevity and/or accuracy issues. The shipping is TBD to be honest, they are still promising pre-orders ahead of others, but if there are business that had bulk purchases in pre-order, you could get one from them ahead of an individual who ore-ordered. Personally, waiting for the probe situation to get resolved is a safe stance to take, but your thoughts may be entirely different.I’m about to place a order for one, reading this gives me anxiety, does anyone have any news that would ease my mind about this?
Yeah my only concern would be waiting any longer than the “up to 4 months” that they say if I place a preorder today, I have worked very hard to come up with the money to get this thingIs your concern about the product itself or when you’ll actually receive it? For people selected to have it, they seem to say good things but then you hear about new probes being developed because of longevity and/or accuracy issues. The shipping is TBD to be honest, they are still promising pre-orders ahead of others, but if there are business that had bulk purchases in pre-order, you could get one from them ahead of an individual who ore-ordered. Personally, waiting for the probe situation to get resolved is a safe stance to take, but your thoughts may be entirely different.
You will be waiting longer than 4 months.Yeah my only concern would be waiting any longer than the “up to 4 months” that they say if I place a preorder today, I have worked very hard to come up with the money to get this thing
Maybe…but if LFS’s or similar vendors joined the pre-order, and GHL supplies them, the stores will sell them before the rest of the ore-orders are met. Of course this would really tick off individuals who pre-ordered and see regulars picking them up from retailers, but GHL never said companies weren’t part of the pre-order and they would likely service them as a priority to get products into peoples hands faster.You will be waiting longer than 4 months.
This is going to be interesting no matter what happens. It's already been so. They told me two weeks for shipping, but I've been told that before. Time will tell. I know when I'll give up on it.Maybe…but if LFS’s or similar vendors joined the pre-order, and GHL supplies them, the stores will sell them before the rest of the ore-orders are met. Of course this would really tick off individuals who pre-ordered and see regulars picking them up from retailers, but GHL never said companies weren’t part of the pre-order and they would likely service them as a priority to get products into peoples hands faster.
GHL never said it, but the way it was done kind of implied that I would be getting mine before Tom who waited for it to drop on BRS got his.Maybe…but if LFS’s or similar vendors joined the pre-order, and GHL supplies them, the stores will sell them before the rest of the ore-orders are met. Of course this would really tick off individuals who pre-ordered and see regulars picking them up from retailers, but GHL never said companies weren’t part of the pre-order and they would likely service them as a priority to get products into peoples hands faster.
You're not GHL.if I was GHL
When I looked into it I estimated ~$345....I am looking forward to buying an IonD but I am going to see how the probe life thing works out.
I wonder what the annual expenditure is going to be if you do at least one or two test per day.
I think the cost of the probe also needs to be taken into consideration. Last I saw it was estimated to last 6 to 18 months. Taking 12 months for the life would add ~ $0.18 to each test, performing testing twice a day for a year.
Annual cost of Reference A (1000ml), Reference B (1000ml) and a probe would be $345.
Give it a rest!You're not GHL.
You're not GHL.
When this is over, the three of us need to meet at a RAP and I’ll buy the first round of drinksGive it a rest!
HiWhen I looked into it I estimated ~$345.
This math look right?Hi
Mode standard: 9ml Reference A and 9ml Reference B per testFAQ: ION Director – GHL (International)
www.aquariumcomputer.com
High Precision mode: 13ml Reference A and 13ml Reference B
ION Director Multi-ION Sensor: $144.90ION Director Accessories - GHL USA
www.aquariumcomputer.com
ION Director Reference A, 1000 ml: $28.90
ION Director Reference B, 1000 ml: $28.90
Gaël

