Has anyone tried Marinepure blocks yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
In that thread no one could conclude that it did leach aluminum, nor prove the Marinepure had any negative effects for coral.
I read it too. It seemed to me that the elevated aluminum was evident after the addition of marinepure. The question is does this have any negative effect on the corals?
 
Can anyone chime in on its effect on zoas?
Don't have any leathers to worry about.
 
I read it too. It seemed to me that the elevated aluminum was evident after the addition of marinepure. The question is does this have any negative effect on the corals?


I'll leave this here
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-much-aluminum-will-it-leach-lets-guess.247034/

From it
My stance on it is this, which I also posted earlier in another thread.

Yes, I believe the media does leach Al. I don't know what form it's in. It doesn't seem to effect most inhabitants but the possibility is there.

I do believe it is an EXCELLENT media for growing bacteria. That is a good thing. I do believe my Yellow Fiji Leather is effected by it which isn't a good thing.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top