Having a hard time getting frags to stick to rocks

Got this simple tip from garf one of the old old timers years ago. Place some of the super glue on your finger, rub the spot on the rock you want the frag. This breaks the glue skin and gets the glue into the nooks. You could possibly even use a brush 1st if rocks are really dirty.

then glue as normal to the selected spot. It’s so simple and works amazingly well. One of those things that is a “duh” moment but seriously makes it easy peasy. No need for epoxy or anything complex. Give it a try
I'm having this vision of my finger stuck to a rock, yelling for help with my arm in the tank. (Just kidding)
 
I purchased Two Little Fishies CorAffix gel and put a generous amount on the bottom of the frag, pressed it down and twisted a little - this made it stick perfectly and I've had no issues with the frag coming off the rock since!
 
I make small expoxy dishes, let dry. When needed it’s super glue in dish to coral then super glue to rock.
 
I like to brush the rock off with a toothbrush first and then add the frag with the glue, that seems to get rid of the slimy stuff on the surface of the rock off that's preventing the glue from holding,
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top