Help! Black Clowns being attacked by pink skunk

Trying to catch the PS

IMG_0997.JPG




Of course he won't go in the LTA now :rolleyes:

Any other suggestions???
 
Last edited:
The LTA is on one side of the tank. Good. Move the BTAs to the other side. Encourage the black clowns to hang around the BTA side. Use the Eggcrate light diffuser if needed. Ths skunk has clearly chosen the LTA as its host. Need to get the others to accept the BTAs. Your best probability of success is to get them into their "territory" on opposite sides.

If you want to remove the PS, get the eggcrate. Create a corral in one corner. Herd the PS into it, then close it off and remove the fish.

Good luck.

Dan
 
Thanks Dan. I gave up on catching the PS for the night and eventually got the smaller black clown in a breeder floating tank but couldn't catch the bigger one. I'm hoping this won't cause issues between them later since they are separated. Not to mention I probably stressed everyone else in the tank out! Wish I could just hire someone to come get this thing out ...
 
Current situation. Smaller black clown in breeder and PS and female BC in larger tank. My question is will the female still accept the male once I put him back in the tank ? Hopefully I am making sense

IMG_1006.PNG
 
If the box is near the female and the male and female can still see each other and partially interact, they will be fine.
 
I have a video cam on my tank and can see from work the PS roughing up my BC and it's heart breaking. I am afraid if he will even be alive by the time I get home ....:(
 
With the LTA in the breeder box, the PS wouldn't go near? I used the same methodology but with a bucket to catch my clowns in their carpet.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top