HELP HOW LONG CAN CORAL LIVE IN A BAG

It’ll get there safe..

Jim Carrey Shipping GIF by Morgan Creek
 
Hey guys so my girlfriend picked me out a coral frag from the WWC store in Orlando last week and it was supposed to be delivered Fri July 16th but FedEx delayed it, it just got delivered today but I won't be home until 7pm tonight. Do you guys think there's any chance it will still be alive? It's been in the mail for 4 days now. It was a WWC Laser Lemon zoanthid frag.

Screenshot_20210719-135526_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210719-135532_Chrome.jpg
FedEx has been HORRIBLE lately!!! Has altered and Auto corrected my address and then just left my package with my pompom crab at a completely off the wall address across town..just setting on the sidewalk..luckily my phone no was in the box and a random lady called me ...I was SHOCKED!
 
And why should they care. Business is so good they’re dropping clients. Hope it all comes back to bite them there being so awful in every way. We deal with them at work and to file a claim we literally need to fax them. Not scan and email. Fax. For a logistics company they’re so dumb. When my package was coming late I called them at 8:15 am to ask if it was coming since the status was listed as pending. They couldn’t tell me if it would be delivered that day. 2 minutes after we get off the phone I get a text that it’s on the delivery truck coming to my house. How in the world can they not have known it was being delivered when it was getting loaded on the truck like that second. But we have so little choice they treat us all like garbage.
 
I don't know about corals, but if that were a nem, it would be a goner for sure. They have zero tolerance for ammonia build up. The issue I had with Fedex was temperature exposures during the winter months and I live in a mild climate. Even with heat packs and insulation the water would be ice cold somehow. I made a personal vow to only have animals shipped during warmer months after losing a few. I have had much better luck this way so far.
 
Agreed… FedEx is terrible, but I’ve learned my lesson too many times over. Anything being shipped to me via FedEx is now held at a FedEx hold location until I pick it up. There’s a Walgreens next door that gets their FedEx holds at 10am everyday. That way, when I get the text I just head next door to the nice climate-controlled store that’s holding my coral/fish. We have the Luxor Package center at my apartment complex (similar to the Amazon pickup boxes), soFedEx won’t deliver to my door… they put my packages in a metal box outside in the Houston heat. Just find your nearest fedex hold location, put that as your delivery address when checking out, and leave a note for the seller that says “hold for pickup.” Beat FedEx, don’t let them beat you! Lol Also, it’s FedEx’s responsibility to refund the shipping in this instance, not WWC, so I wouldn’t be surprised if WWC doesn’t refund the shipping. Def get on FedEx about your shipping refund. If it was priority overnight delivery by 1030 am and there wasn’t at least an attempted delivery in that time frame, they have to refund… just food for thought
 
FedEx is a joke. I’ve had over four order now come in dead cause of FedEx and their BS. One got sent around and they blamed it on covid. Another package of corals sat in Tennessee for 12 hours cause or what they told me was weather delays but when I checked it was 90 and sunny. Didn’t know planes couldn’t fly in the sun. And just last week 12 corals from Cali stuck in Tennessee yet again for over 15 hrs malfunction with plane. Got acros next day and all were pretty much dead.
it’s getting ridiculous I mean if your going to offer next day shipping by 10:30 am maybe tighten the F*** up and fix the problems and take accountability instead of reading from a script of what to tell people to lie about why their package isn’t on time.
 
OP is probably dead because you told him to sniff test a 6 day old bag of dead zoas.

btw. I had a pretty big frag of star gazers come in all cloudy. (Still overnight). Took them about a month to really recover in the tank.
 
OP is probably dead because you told him to sniff test a 6 day old bag of dead zoas.

btw. I had a pretty big frag of star gazers come in all cloudy. (Still overnight). Took them about a month to really recover in the tank.
Or maybe busy trying to acclimate, ressitate the occupants of Fedex's slow train service?
 
I won’t use fed ex. I thought about giving them another shot and this just sealed the deal for me.

Several years back I had to send in a PS4 for repairs. I went to their shipping office. They were closed. This is three towns away from me mind you. I had no choice but to use their very secure very locked on the property from box. Weeks went by with no word on my system. I was sent an email about PS plus being activated on my system. Sony never received it. I went to the office there and they said they had not one issue with their box, the lock was in place. No hands could get in to pull packages out. They did NOTHING. an employee had to have taken the system. No other explanation and they didn’t even try to help me resolve it or find the employee who picked up that day. I was out of a system and a lot of stress, having to change passwords and make sure no charges were in my accounts linked. *** fed ex.
 
I'm betting on a phone fight. Someone is really getting yelled at.
Phone fight was right! Not at WWC at fedex. I hav another order comming in on Friday and I don't want to have a repeat. Btw most polyps looked ok but the other half was starting to sloth off and ooze some slime i took it out of my tank don't want to chance anything. WWC is refunding me for the order. Now I need to pick something new to add to my box for friday.
 
Hope you didn't throw the polyps out. Peroxide dip will save the survivors.

You can alternate with a couple half gallon containers, tank water and dip water to clean off the ooze.
 
Phone fight was right! Not at WWC at fedex. I hav another order comming in on Friday and I don't want to have a repeat. Btw most polyps looked ok but the other half was starting to sloth off and ooze some slime i took it out of my tank don't want to chance anything. WWC is refunding me for the order. Now I need to pick something new to add to my box for friday.
Here's some friendly advice for now and the future with any online ordering, never, ever do an overnight shipment for Friday delivery, it is just setting the stage for it to be delayed until Monday, unless you pay for Saturday delivery which may not work either in these times. Get things shipped out the latest on Wednesday.

It is really strange that they "delivered" it but didn't leave it the first time. I've had that happen recently as well and thought they had waived the need for signatures. Many years ago you had to be there to grab it from the delivery guy and if they happen to stop by the neighbors house....back on the truck it went!
 
Here's some friendly advice for now and the future with any online ordering, never, ever do an overnight shipment for Friday delivery, it is just setting the stage for it to be delayed until Monday, unless you pay for Saturday delivery which may not work either in these times. Get things shipped out the latest on Wednesday.

It is really strange that they "delivered" it but didn't leave it the first time. I've had that happen recently as well and thought they had waived the need for signatures. Many years ago you had to be there to grab it from the delivery guy and if they happen to stop by the neighbors house....back on the truck it went!
My only day off is Friday so I can't really schedule it for any other day it sucks
 
Hope you didn't throw the polyps out. Peroxide dip will save the survivors.

You can alternate with a couple half gallon containers, tank water and dip water to clean off the ooze.
I gave it to my gf. She said she'll try to bring it back to life but I don't want it in my tank lol she's going to treat it in her tank hopefully it comes back
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top