Help!! my clam just closed up on my clown fish!

Never would have imagined the clams would close so fast. I think the fish were just so into whatever they were doing, they lost focus on survival
.
 
That's crazy I've never heard of that happening before...those pics are pretty awesome. I've seen a pipefish get eaten by a donut coral but never a fish get trapped in a clam that's ridiculous.
 
This same thing happened to me too, except my clown was ok afterwards. I was sitting in front of the tank, as usual my greedy fish had come up to the front glass near the top of the tank. Well I must have moved my arm to fast across the front and spooked the fish. The clown turned around and booked it, directly into a 6" Crocea! I was shocked! You could see the back half of the clownfish hanging out and the tail just slowly wiggling back and forth. I went to get a screwdriver, because like Troylee, my clown is my baby. By the time I got back, I could see the clown had moved a bit. Well, another 30-45 seconds and the clam started to relax and my poor clown was able to back out. She looked a little freaked but ok for the most part. Wish your's had a happy ending too, sorry for your loss.
 
I guess that's what you get for sticking your nose in other peoples buisness haha... J/k in all seriousness that scenario has never crossed my mind.. If I saw that in my tank I would have to pry the clam open with a screwdriver since my clowns are my baby's....:sad:

That is exactly what I did when my baby crosshatch decided to investigate my clam....sad to say I lost my clam but my crosshatch is alive and kicking and how stays away from clams
 
I had the same thing happen to me but with a hippo tang.He was lucky the clam let go.
 
Hey bud, how's it going?

Hey Spanko!

You've probably read by now how it is going for me this morning. I offered those pics without offering condolences to the OP. Perhaps karma caused my recent loss...?

I should redress now.
Very sorry for the loss of the clamped fish.
 
My friend had a Morish Idol get caught in a clam when it was nipping at the mantle. Luckly the clam let go and the Morish got away, bet you he thought twice about nipping at it again.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top