Help please first corals today. My mushroom looks weird

Ricordeas are pretty nice looking coral.
This is the one I had before it decided to break itself into 4 baby Ricordea chunks. Now I have 4 Ricordea.
F3A6D265-FFA7-423B-A89C-5D0808F39D1C.jpeg
So it will just split naturally? That is one mushroom in pic ?
 
All shrunken up in a ball. They will do that at night as well. They are melting. Dont get too upset if they detach and float around the tank. They will do that.

My recordia Yuma
20200503_130453.jpg
20200503_130148.jpg
Haha can’t wait to see a floating mushroom. That is gorgeous! Will it still detach if I glued it ? The lfs said to glue it but some things online said allow it to move ?
 
Haha can’t wait to see a floating mushroom. That is gorgeous! Will it still detach if I glued it ? The lfs said to glue it but some things online said allow it to move ?
Shrooms are hard to glue they slime up and dont stick to the glue.
 
So it will just split naturally? That is one mushroom in pic ?
It’ll split naturally over a varying period of time. Or it’ll move around the tank leaving its pieces of its foot around the tank. Those pieces are baby Ricordea.

One mushroom turns into two mushrooms, then three or four mushrooms. It depends on how happy it is, but that’s what mushrooms do in my tank. Sometimes they will get huge and never split, like I said, depends.
 
Ricordeas are pretty nice looking coral.
This is the one I had before it decided to break itself into 4 baby Ricordea chunks. Now I have 4 Ricordea.
F3A6D265-FFA7-423B-A89C-5D0808F39D1C.jpeg
Nice shroom I got one similar from Aqua Sd not long ago. Is it orange rainbow? I want to call mine skittles or taste the rainbow lol. I actually cut mine in half and had to fully healed babies less than 2 weeks later.
20200403_155555.jpg
20200502_165429.jpg

Heres another really cool one I recently pick up.
20200505_172102.jpg
 
Nice shroom I got one similar from Aqua Sd not long ago. Is it orange rainbow? I want to call mine skittles or taste the rainbow lol. I actually cut mine in half and had to fully healed babies less than 2 weeks later.
20200403_155555.jpg
20200502_165429.jpg

Heres another really cool one I recently pick up.
20200505_172102.jpg
Very nice ‘shrooms! Yes, it’s a orange rainbow I got from WWC. Now that I’m thinking of skittles... I want to call mine skittles pox. My Ricordea almost melted for some unknown reason, but it stopped melting and split up into a bunch of babies.
 
Very nice ‘shrooms! Yes, it’s a orange rainbow I got from WWC. Now that I’m thinking of skittles... I want to call mine skittles pox. My Ricordea almost melted for some unknown reason, but it stopped melting and split up into a bunch of babies.
Wish I would have thought of skittles pox!
 
Nice shroom I got one similar from Aqua Sd not long ago. Is it orange rainbow? I want to call mine skittles or taste the rainbow lol. I actually cut mine in half and had to fully healed babies less than 2 weeks later.
20200403_155555.jpg
20200502_165429.jpg

Heres another really cool one I recently pick up.
20200505_172102.jpg
Wow they really come in a lot variation. And you could place all mushrooms touching on a rock or only recordea with ricordea ?
 
It’ll split naturally over a varying period of time. Or it’ll move around the tank leaving its pieces of its foot around the tank. Those pieces are baby Ricordea.

One mushroom turns into two mushrooms, then three or four mushrooms. It depends on how happy it is, but that’s what mushrooms do in my tank. Sometimes they will get huge and never split, like I said, depends.
Gotcha so I must have just gotten lucky since it’s super small but 3 heads ? Neat gawh I love this hobby heh. To have a piece of the ocean on your home is priceless.
 
Wow they really come in a lot variation. And you could place all mushrooms touching on a rock or only recordea with ricordea ?
I only have a few ricordia and from what I see they do fine together. They may not do well with others although I haven't seen it personally. I do have a few elephant ears that I keep on the out skirts.
As well as a bunch of bounces but they all have there own spot. This may change if they became invasive to each ones territory idk.
 
Gotcha so I must have just gotten lucky since it’s super small but 3 heads ? Neat gawh I love this hobby heh. To have a piece of the ocean on your home is priceless.
I have seen Ricordea with a varying amount of mouths/heads, with what you got I think it’ll split into more Ricordea.
 
That is caribbean recordea . While a coralamorph they function similar to anemone. It will thrive in a lower light of 80 to 100 par and can be acclimated tolerate much more after it is happy it will enjoy spot feeding once a week or 10 days. however that is not necessary
Thay often detach there foot when thay are unhappy with there location. And will often melt over 30 days or so when this happens. intervention is recomended
When thay are un attatched it is best to place them in a low flow , low light area on coarse rubble for 30 or more days allowing them to attatch to said rubble. Then. " glue that rubble to a rock" do not put glue on the anmial. Also note often it is required to use a short glass or small basket. To prevent the polyp from being disturbed.
 
That is caribbean recordea . While a coralamorph they function similar to anemone. It will thrive in a lower light of 80 to 100 par and can be acclimated tolerate much more after it is happy it will enjoy spot feeding once a week or 10 days. however that is not necessary
Thay often detach there foot when thay are unhappy with there location. And will often melt over 30 days or so when this happens. intervention is recomended
When thay are un attatched it is best to place them in a low flow , low light area on coarse rubble for 30 or more days allowing them to attatch to said rubble. Then. " glue that rubble to a rock" do not put glue on the anmial. Also note often it is required to use a short glass or small basket. To prevent the polyp from being disturbed.
Wow that helped a bunch. That makes sense why I was able to glue my mushroom to rock because it had some Little Rock attached to it. Will Use the cup method in future my hands felt like I was damaging it. Thanks again :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top