How far will you drive to get a coral ??

How far have you driven to get a coral .??

  • 0 - 50 miles

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • 50 - 100 miles

    Votes: 32 25.4%
  • 100 - 150 miles

    Votes: 19 15.1%
  • 150 - 200 miles

    Votes: 13 10.3%
  • 200 -500 miles

    Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Doesn’t matter I’ll go anywhere !

    Votes: 6 4.8%

  • Total voters
    126
  • Poll closed .

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
15,589
Location
Holland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R ,
Last night while I was out driving on my way to pick up a golden torch some 70 miles away , it got me thinking , how many other people will drive miles and miles to get that coral ..??
Yes we live in an age of internet and next day delivery, but there are enough auctions on the net from private dealers , or people who don’t own a shop ,not everyone will send coral,and also like me a lot of people want too see the systems and set ups of where these corals we buy come from .

Now me , I live in a little country called the Netherlands ... and as I’m sure your all aware that Nederlands isn’t that big .. to give you some idea just how big it is .. let’s compare it too one of your states ...let’s say for this example Colorado.! Now the Netherlands will fit roughly 5 times into Colorado :eek:.. so me driving too the other side of the Netherlands to get a coral won’t seem such a biggy too most of R2R .. but saying that I am planning a 6-8 hr drive (oneway trip )to Germany too go too a store.

So im curious, who else likes too jump in their car ...put the music on loud ..and get out on that open road on the hunt for your favorite corals !!
It would be great too hear everyone’s stories, And experiences ...
Happy Reefing ..!

Mack .:D
 
I'm not an online ordering fan for live stuff but thankfully I have at least 5 LFS so I don't need to drive far. Max I'd drive in my case is that 50 just coz there are some bigger shops a little further out.
 
I notice somebody voted for ... ill go anywhere .... now thats dedication !! So come on who ever it was Lets hear just how far you went !!!
 
30 minutes. I have two really good lfses (lfsi?) close to me that can add onto their shipments so that I don't have to pay for shipping :)
 
I've driven a couple hundred miles to go to a frag swap. Locally it seems all the good stores are on the other side of town so depending on traffic you are looking at 1 to 2 hour drive each way.
 
I'm a reefer and also a pigeon enthusiast. Depending on what it is, the costs of shipping, and time for travel, I'll either hop in the car or have it shipped. But if it's under 70mi, I'll probably just drive to go get it. I've driven halfway across the country for the hobby before.
 
I live in a large metropolitan area specifically to have access to most anything I need/want. Greater than 30minutes one way? Nope. Must not be that important.
 
I'm a reefer and also a pigeon enthusiast.

FEB70EEF-71B0-4E45-80F9-EC5FA45DDE0B.jpeg
 
Cool .. do you race them .. and if so have you ever raced against Mike Tysons ‘s pigeons.. i believe hes heavily into that as well ..!
Naw, not me...
That’s Forest Whitaker in ghostdog

:D
 
I make the drive from San Francisco to Sacramento (70ish miles) to pick up corals about once a month because for some strange reason Sacramento is a mecca for SPS.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top