How much do your children like or love your tanks?!?!?

cj in sac ca

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
74
Location
Pensacola fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
This is my 10 mo old little girl Summer. She had just ate dinner and I pushed her from my chair to my tank to clean up this is what she did!!!! Anyone else have kids or family / friends kids that live their tanks too?
I tried uploading at video of it but will not let me. She was yelling and waving at them and they where checking her out and playing with her too
 
Last edited:
The first thing my Grandkids do when they come over is to run over to the tank and see what's new or how their favorite fish is doing. They sit there and watch it for a hour.

AvaJacob Tank5.jpg
 
I had the doors off my stand today when my two year old niece came over today. The first thing she always does is look for nemo. Today while looking at the sump she looked at my wife and with a adorable face says "where's the fish". It was the cutest thing I laughed for what felt like an hour.
And yes I want to find a fish to put in the sump now. :)
 
My 4 year old doesn't seem that interested right now, but of course he likes to feed the fish. , but my 1 year old is always trying to get into the stand lol, it might be a start...... either way I hope to pass the passion to my kids. When other children come over they are amazed (maybe because they have not seen it in other homes) maybe my kid is just use to it because he has seen the tank his whole life and has gone to the aquarium many times.
 
1f4f2d4f1732ff0724ea8d296b129628.jpg

This is my no. 1 fishistant Charity trying to get an appy wirh some aiptasia x. At 9 yrs old she is totallt into our tanks. All my grandkids contribute and help to some degree o r another. Which is the main reason I love this hobby.
 
My daughter loves our tank. Any tank really. She will push a chair up to it and watch the fish and crabs forever. The day she discovered the crabs and snails might have been the happiest day she has had!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467925063.382400.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467925099.579776.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467925121.741338.jpg
Are ALL of those yours?!
Escalated VERY quickly!
 
Are ALL of those yours?!
Escalated VERY quickly!
I wish! Should have specified the big ones are the local aquarium. She sat in front of both of those tanks for at least 20 minutes, oblivious to the world around her.
 
My daughter loves our tank. Any tank really. She will push a chair up to it and watch the fish and crabs forever. The day she discovered the crabs and snails might have been the happiest day she has had!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467925063.382400.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467925099.579776.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1467925121.741338.jpg
That is one massive clam in the second pic.
 
This is my 6 year old so (blonde one) showing the tank to all his friends. He is explaining in detail how everything works and all about the different fish. Like how (his dart fish/goby) lives under the rock and comes out to eat and why is called dart fish. He is quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the family new prize display. Even his ADHA buddies stopped and listened carefully to his fluid lecture about the Tangs and their sharpe spurs on their tails. Now he wants his own and we plan to get him a bio cube for his 7th in September.
717e86a224a0a026420e9e1366a1814c.jpg
 
My kids (9 and 11) loved the tank when we got it 5 years ago. Now they don't really look at it unless they have friends over and want to look at it. My son will stop by to check on his corals to see if they are growing but that once in a blue moon.
 
My 2 year old loves fish. He likes fish on TV (shark week and finding nemo) and at the aquarium and at home. I had a 70g that got too much for me. I almost got out of the hobby for a while except for the fact that he loves fish so much. So I got rid of the 70g, temporarily put two clowns in a 12g nano and now upgraded them to a 28g nano for the time being. When we move in a year or two I plan to upgrade to something like a 90g.

He loves our two clowns. He says "orange fish" and "nemo" all the time. When he was a baby (up until about 7 months old) he had colic pretty bad. I'm sure some of you have been down that path. One of the only things that could calm him and sometimes put him asleep was to go look at the tank. He would instantly stop crying and get that gazing look where everything else around him didn't matter. Those times made the tank worth it's weight in gold to me to get those couple hours or so of him being asleep.

Here he is at the aquarium checking out the jellies.
28142944916_f265b233ba_z.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top