How Will My Noo-Psyches Grow? (RETIRED)

You might want to put all the dead in a ziplock bag. I made the mistake once of putting a emerald crab loose in the garage garbage can. You can't image how strong of a smell that little crab made....well maybe you can
 
You might want to put all the dead in a ziplock bag. I made the mistake once of putting a emerald crab loose in the garage garbage can. You can't image how strong of a smell that little crab made....well maybe you can
Unfortunately I can. My mostly dead CUC from ReefCleaners included a DOA emerald crab in its own bag. I couldn't get the smell out of my nose for almost a full day. It makes me shudder just to think about it.
 
I think of hermits as vultures they don’t do the killing rather just eating the dead, that said there are evil hermits so the sump may be a good place and reintroduce later
 
I think of hermits as vultures they don’t do the killing rather just eating the dead, that said there are evil hermits so the sump may be a good place and reintroduce later
Sadly, there have been reports have larger hermits ripping spines off of urchins. I don't want to dig them up, but who is to really know why?
 
Sadly, there have been reports have larger hermits ripping spines off of urchins. I don't want to dig them up, but who is to really know why?
I was honestly leery of putting them in because of how giant they are. I've made sure to feed plenty so they had something to eat while the tank was algae-free. They started murdering on day one. :(
 
I was honestly leery of putting them in because of how giant they are. I've made sure to feed plenty so they had something to eat while the tank was algae-free. They started murdering on day one. :(
I have never had the smaller hermits do this, the reports are from scarlets and larger like Halloween hermits we keep. They can be monsters. Urchins are actually eaten by a lot of hermit species in the ocean. I am sorry your scarlets turned out to be monsters.
 
Be careful with snails and hermits in your sump. Make sure the hermit crabs can't get to your skimmer or return pumps. The shells will clog, stop, or damage pumps.
Oh, that's a good point. I don't know what to do with them! :(
 
that should prove quite interesting. And more accurate considering you essentially have a control group with which to compare the new data.

as for me, I’m going with the photon v2 pro. One light for the entirety of my 4ft tank is such a sublime thing for me.
I'm looking at the photon too. I need 2, but the light looks amazing
 
In case, anyone cares.
These tests were run with skimmer off.

I did do a DB test on the lights, there appears to be 2 fan modes on them.
HIGH speed noise registered at 63-64.5 db.
LOW speed noise noise was 45.

Skimmer pump 69-72. God save me!
 
I'm looking at the photon too. I need 2, but the light looks amazing

1 light at the price of the photon, with the track track record it has makes more sense than the 2-3 radions I’d need, hydras, coralcare, sky, etc to me

All good options Just not the best one for my system
 
In case, anyone cares.
These tests were run with skimmer off.

I did do a DB test on the lights, there appears to be 2 fan modes on them.
HIGH speed noise registered at 63-64.5 db.
LOW speed noise noise was 45.

Skimmer pump 69-72. God save me!
Were you able to toggle between the fan speeds? If so, HOW?
 
that should prove quite interesting. And more accurate considering you essentially have a control group with which to compare the new data.

as for me, I’m going with the photon v2 pro. One light for the entirety of my 4ft tank is such a sublime thing for me.
The Photons are great lights. I have those on 3 tanks here... you're going to love it.
 
The Photons are great lights. I have those on 3 tanks here... you're going to love it.

I’m probably too excited for what really is just me getting a light lol

I’ve been using a fluval marine 2.0 to keep my live rock going, and like a pleb I was blown away by being able to mess with the channels. I can’t imagine how much you can do with a light like the photon
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top