How Will My Noo-Psyches Grow? (RETIRED)

Lol you don’t know what you’re asking.

@Lost in the Sauce knows what I’m talking about
Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation
 
Lol you don’t know what you’re asking.

@Lost in the Sauce knows what I’m talking about
Oh Snap....

KB, Queen of the BritchesBrigade, meet my homie and Lord of the Meme (in my absence) @BeltedCoyote

He's been on a classified mission since you arrived at these here parts but just know, his Memerizer, don't play.
 
it's impossible to make them quiet, unless as I have said before. You know how to change out parts. People have had this same issue with radions. In order to fix the noise, the heatsink had to be redone.

My photon is silent as well. It's definitely possible to have quiet leds. Maybe not those brands, but some companies have certainly figured it out.
 
Yeah, and I've already said that the noise doesn't actually bother me. ;) It's the denial and blame that really grinds my gears.

peter griffin family GIF
These things need to be brought out. I never read anything on led fan noise when it comes to lights. All I read is "par, growth, color, control" you know the whole deal. 2 things not covered, fan noise and heat. Heat is talked about with t5 and MH.
When you google these issues, they pop up.
I'll get back to you on the G5 Radions on the new tank... I haven't run those enough to give an opinion since there's no water in it yet. I will say this... if they're loud they'll be up for sale and there will be a 48" Photon over that tank within a week.
It will be an interesting read.
 
My photon is silent as well. It's definitely possible to have quiet leds. Maybe not those brands, but some companies have certainly figured it out.
I second photons being silent. I wish I still had my v2. Gave it to my dad lol. I still have a v1 and it was even silent back then. Also, reef breeders are good people. I was able to buy 2 led boards they had left over for little of nothing for my old v1. He didn’t even try to upsell me to a v2.
 
See, KB and myself did a db rating. I am curious on the db rating here.
Not sure, I have a small light on my 4g pico and I know when the fans kick on if I'm in that room.

I couldn't even tell you when the fans are on for this one.
 
These things need to be brought out. I never read anything on led fan noise when it comes to lights. All I read is "par, growth, color, control" you know the whole deal. 2 things not covered, fan noise and heat. Heat is talked about with t5 and MH.
When you google these issues, they pop up.

It will be an interesting read.
Interested to find out myself. The Photons are really silent. My friend Paul had actually called me to let me know that his fans were not working on his Photon on the tank in his living room after he got it. I told him they kick on and off and are really quiet. He was at the tank when they kicked on and he was shocked at how quiet they were. I'm hoping the Radions don't make much noise... they cost a small fortune and maybe I'm expecting too much but I don't want to listen to fans when I'm enjoying my reef.
 
All I read is "par, growth, color, control"
For sure! It's rare to find feedback on fans and heat unless it's excessive or problematic.

My Kessil does specifically warn that it gets hot.
 
Hey!!!!!


Did you stand 353 neutonmeters back when you took your measurements? No? Ha, infidel! Your Fault!!!
Are you sure you just never noticed your loud f**king house before? Surely, it must be that.
 
Just for haha's I have the Radions cranked on the tank behind me and am waiting for the fans to kick on. It's like a supernova in here right now and feel like I'm getting a tan.

honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the gen5s could give a sunburn. Great lights.

Just beyond me budget-wise
 
honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the gen5s could give a sunburn. Great lights.

Just beyond me budget-wise
Funny you say that... I held the back of my hand under one for a minute and actually feel like I have a sunburn now.
 
Interested to find out myself. The Photons are really silent. My friend Paul had actually called me to let me know that his fans were not working on his Photon on the tank in his living room after he got it. I told him they kick on and off and are really quiet. He was at the tank when they kicked on and he was shocked at how quiet they were. I'm hoping the Radions don't make much noise... they cost a small fortune and maybe I'm expecting too much but I don't want to listen to fans when I'm enjoying my reef.
I haven't heard my fans kick on until I messed with them. They go into jet mode for 50% 64 db . Below that they are at 40ish DB. My protein skimmer is at 70.

So, it goes down to best bang for your buck. I would need to break out my par meter again and retest everything at a 30-35% setting. Bottom at 26inches was 125 for most places. I mapped out a bit of it at 95%.

I am sure everyone has seen the updated map at 95%
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top