Hydra 64 vs Orphek Atlantik V4 g2

Ive got the 64 and the AV4g2. I also have ATILed hybrid all in one room and all I can say is Orphek is ahead on this one with the LED's. Their spread and casting of the light is like no other LED's...so much better. I do like the 64 and it is more user friendly but once its plug and play then their is no more toying so the user side don't matter much. I'd say go with Orphek for sure!
Have you had any difficulty with par on the Orpheks and can you adjust their intensity or spectrum?
 
This is on the WB 190.5 by @Manny Tavan but the Orphek’s look super clean if that is important to you. Top end light for sure!
6467D569-49F2-4717-82E5-F8B2B6CD0662.jpeg
 
How large of an area is the orphek atlantik coverage on an sps tank? I have an 8x2x3 build and trying to decide on main lighting
Brs vid a video with very in depth par readings that should help you
 
Imperfect comparison.

2 hydra 64 : 270 watts
2 Orphek atlantik v4: 422 watts.

A closer comparison would be 3 hydra 64. Likely get a better built more reliable light at a lower cost with the 3 hydra, but better spread and spectrum with the Orphek with the 2 Orphek while it is working.
 
Imperfect comparison.

2 hydra 64 : 270 watts
2 Orphek atlantik v4: 422 watts.

A closer comparison would be 3 hydra 64. Likely get a better built more reliable light at a lower cost with the 3 hydra, but better spread and spectrum with the Orphek with the 2 Orphek while it is working.
Thanks I didn't pick up on this :)
 
Imperfect comparison.

2 hydra 64 : 270 watts
2 Orphek atlantik v4: 422 watts.

A closer comparison would be 3 hydra 64. Likely get a better built more reliable light at a lower cost with the 3 hydra, but better spread and spectrum with the Orphek with the 2 Orphek while it is working.

Makes sense, I came across this thread researching the Atlantik lights. I recently picked up the blue plus light bar and it puts my Radion G4 Pro to shame as far as over-all look goes. I am seeing the most amazing colors from my SPS colonies and the color pop is un-real. I changed my light schedule just so in the evenings I have only my orpheks on for two hours just to enjoy them.

I don't care about cost efficiency at this point, having AI over my frag tank and Radions over my display I have to say that the Orpheks are in a league of their own and simply do not compare in my opinion. I am so thrilled with these lights, just amazing! Between Kessil, AI and Ecotech I have seen differences in shimmer but never did I realize LED can produce spectrum like I am seeing now.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top