I found a nudibranch. Can you guys help me identify it.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jmas4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Jmas4

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
825
Reaction score
451
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help I found I nudibranch on my aquarium glass. Can you help me Identify it.

20160524_164144.jpg
 
Ok thanks I will look it up but I could not get a top view. But on the top it looks like there is spines on it
 
Monti eating nuds look different from mine. Monti eaters look like it has fans on the sides but this has green spines on top
 
Google Berghia nudibranch and compare. Thats what it looks like. If it is berghia they sell in the 20's range and eat aiptasia. Many different types of nudibranches often difficult if not impossible to identify. General ID's are possible but other than a few known like berghia, lettuce etc most are just either good or bad.
 
It's not a bergia either. But theye are awesome they eat aptiasia!
 
Ok...the nudis that were eating my montis looked identical to that. I did take a pic of one that I siphoned off a Starburst monti ill dig it out and compare.
 
I found this off of google and it looked like this.

Screenshot_20160524-171108.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top