I think I messed up big time time with bayer today

Do you have an upate on long term effects? I've just done this same thing and running carbon and doing water changes. Lost my Cleaner Shrimp and Emerald Crab. Hoping once it clears up I can reintroduce inverts after awhile.
Hey sorry to hear. For me it was humbling as I put all this thought in how to do things right and than had such a wa-waaa moment of brain cramp. If you do this hobby and are honest - we will have to own up to a few of these. That night i felt like cashing it in. Glad i didn't.
My tank is running well. It seems that the inverts are doing ok. The cleaner shrimp survived, did lose two emerald crabs shortly after. Snails that had dropped to the sand also survived. I think it did wipe out most of the macrofauna - its taken some time to build itself back up. I am still running two cups of carbon changed out monthly and weekly 10% water changes. Good luck
 
Hey sorry to hear. For me it was humbling as I put all this thought in how to do things right and than had such a wa-waaa moment of brain cramp. If you do this hobby and are honest - we will have to own up to a few of these. That night i felt like cashing it in. Glad i didn't.
My tank is running well. It seems that the inverts are doing ok. The cleaner shrimp survived, did lose two emerald crabs shortly after. Snails that had dropped to the sand also survived. I think it did wipe out most of the macrofauna - its taken some time to build itself back up. I am still running two cups of carbon changed out monthly and weekly 10% water changes. Good luck

Thanks for the update! I just did a 20% water change and added another sock of carbon. My pistol shrimp, hermits, and snails are all looking ok for now. Water is crystal clear.

I run carbon and do weekly water changes already (13.5g nano) so I’ll just stay on it. I’m hoping that everything pulls through.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top