I think my bubble tip nem is dying, any ideas?

They do not require feeding.
I think feeding will make that worse.
If phosphate is zero, or less than .1ppm, I might bump that up.
I guess my reasoning for adding media to remove phosphate was a google search saying 0 was best. I’ll remove the purigen and phosguard and see if I can’t bump it up. That said I’ve always had a problem with low nutrients, I’ve never been able to get it about 5 for nitrate testing
How’s everything else except nem….everyone good?
yes. Mushroom corals are happy as can be, I have a field of palys that are thriving and my toadstool is moody but when it’s not in a funk it’s extended and happy. Seems like once a week he decides to just not open up for a day, but I’ve been told toadstools are kinda just like that sometimes. Fish are extremely healthy, growing well, active, no signs of malaise, lethargy, or any type of parasite or infection.

I’m in the process of cycling my 125 that everyone is going to move to, which has a sump and better filtration including a skimmer. But it’s not ready for anything living yet.
 

Attachments

  • E4D42EE7-48B9-42D9-AF0A-7C198E680467.jpeg
    E4D42EE7-48B9-42D9-AF0A-7C198E680467.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 21
If you want a decent phosphates test but don't want to spring for a Hanna, I'd go with Salifert. You don't even need to be exact about the reading, just make sure it isn't completely clear. Zero phosphates is no bueno. without being a stickler on numbers, I think 2-10 nitrates and 0.03-0.1 phosphates is a good range.

It might also want more par. Any reason you don't use any cool white channel? I think some of the non blue spectrum can be beneficial.
 
If you want a decent phosphates test but don't want to spring for a Hanna, I'd go with Salifert. You don't even need to be exact about the reading, just make sure it isn't completely clear. Zero phosphates is no bueno. without being a stickler on numbers, I think 2-10 nitrates and 0.03-0.1 phosphates is a good range.

It might also want more par. Any reason you don't use any cool white channel? I think some of the non blue spectrum can be beneficial.
I was told white was for “our eyes” and blue was for the health of the corals and nems, but I’m still very new to this. I just like the blue glow. LFS didn’t have any white visible either thst I could see. I will try that.

Also Ido much about par, but It was around ~100 par at the LFS and the rock it chose at first was around 100, then it moved to its current location at around 160
 
My RBTA loves food and looks happiest when he gets food regularly.

Now this does not mean shotgunning him a whole cocktail shrimp. More like little pieces of Reef Frenzy Nano that he catches when I feed the fish. You could try that a couple times a week.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top