Things are going pretty smoothly. Diatoms came and went in about 2 days or so. I have a couple of spots that look like cyano, but they don’t seem to be taking a foothold. Once I set the scape the way I want and position the power heads, this spots should get taken care of.
Now, on a bad note. I have the usual hitchhikers that I know I will need to get out eventually in the way of whelks and gorilla crabs. What I wasn’t expecting to see as I looked at the tank last night was a tiny, nasty, terrible, rolly Polly looking, horrible crustacean with beady black eyes staring back at me from the sand bed. If you haven’t guessed by now, I found an Isopod of which I believe to be a Cirolanid. I quickly ran and grabbed my net and was able to scoop it out. I saw one more a bit later, but it did into the sand before I could get to it. So now I need to make a decision. Delay moving everything over for a couple of months to try and starve them out and also try to catch them along the way. Option two is to try and get a hold of interceptor and run a high dosage as explained in an article I found and nuke them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.