If You Could Have a Predator Tank, What Predators Would You Keep

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
14,188
Reaction score
24,058
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
4.7 ★
Rating Count
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What of my favorite kind of fish are predator fish, I love the way a lot of them look, and the idea of having a tank catered to predator fish is neat to me. So I am wondering if you could have a tank catered around predator fish, what fish would you want to keep. If you have a predator tank, show it off here!!!
 
I have one!


It has 3 eels and the Red Coris wrasse will hopefully become a monster someday. I also have plans to add a few more predatory wrasse.
Very Nice!!! I love that eel you have
 
Every time we setup a tank (like now) I lean towards predatory fish. I am considering an eel and a dwarf lionfish to join my powder blue tang, copperband butterfly, and Foxface Lo. I also like angler fish.

It’s a mixed reef and these fish all pose problems. They probably remove the opportunity for mandarins, pistol shrimp/goby (seems cruel), Chromis (feeder fish I guess), clownfish, etc.
 
Started out with a predator tank.

Lionfish
porcupine puffer
Niger and picaso triggers
eel

Makes ya wish they were reef friendly. I know they can be, but its a gamble.
You are right about it being a gamble!!! Wish they were just completely reef safe
 
Every time we setup a tank (like now) I lean towards predatory fish. I am considering an eel and a dwarf lionfish to join my powder blue tang, copperband butterfly, and Foxface Lo. I also like angler fish.

It’s a mixed reef and these fish all pose problems. They probably remove the opportunity for mandarins, pistol shrimp/goby (seems cruel), Chromis (feeder fish I guess), clownfish, etc.
Got to way out the pros and cons I guess!
 
Groupers (strawberry, blue spot and minniatus)
Lionfish
Lg Queen and clown trigger
Mapa and sapo Puffer
 
I always thought Tessalata Eels are really cool. My LFS has a giant one.
 
Here's my 3 current predator tanks

1679499240290.png

1679499282312.png

1679499387550.png
 
Wobbegong!

Or a port jackson.

Or a bonnethead.

Sharks are on my bucket list tank. And a tank of the right size would be something I build my last house around.
“Theres a reef shark in the hall in a black garbage bag Liz, put it in a shark tank.”
 
What of my favorite kind of fish are predator fish, I love the way a lot of them look, and the idea of having a tank catered to predator fish is neat to me. So I am wondering if you could have a tank catered around predator fish, what fish would you want to keep. If you have a predator tank, show it off here!!!
I have a large volitan lion and a clown trigger in a tank. Don't know if they qualify as predators as they both eat out of my hand.
 
What of my favorite kind of fish are predator fish, I love the way a lot of them look, and the idea of having a tank catered to predator fish is neat to me. So I am wondering if you could have a tank catered around predator fish, what fish would you want to keep. If you have a predator tank, show it off here!!!
I had a California ray, horn shark, cat shark, snowflake eel, huma huma trigger, and a large lion fish in my predator tank. Loved them all.
 

Attachments

  • F3E72CC4-DF7A-4D60-B5A8-49A4898D9737.png
    F3E72CC4-DF7A-4D60-B5A8-49A4898D9737.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • D993C9EA-7530-4C66-B709-AD05D7EB8B83.png
    D993C9EA-7530-4C66-B709-AD05D7EB8B83.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
I had a California ray, horn shark, cat shark, snowflake eel, huma huma trigger, and a large lion fish in my predator tank. Loved them all.
Wow, that’s pretty neat!!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top