If you could pick only one fish for a nano reef?

I've been asking myself this same question for my 10g. I can't decide between a purple firefish or a black snowflake clown. Leaning more towards the clown.
 
Gumdrop coral croucher!
dba19a19c249dddac838df9c9c03bb0f.jpg
 
GUYS! I have a 5.5 pico open top. What are my options for "non jumpers?"
I realize every fish can potentially jump but what are some decent ones that I could consider?
 
Actually, that dwarf seahorse Mako_SnowflakeEel mentioned is pretty unlikely to jump . . .

I think a clown goby would be unlikely as well ... and the coral crouchers look as though they'd have difficulty getting up a head of steam, too.

~Bruce
 
It depends on the seahorse but there's not much risk but you should have a established refugium but that doesn't mean you don't have to feed them ever but it does limit what other fish you can have because some will outcompete your seahorse but once you get in a roll you will be fine at keeping seahorses
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top