Ilona's reef shop scammed for 60K, now broke.

“I've lost everything. I had to get rid of my corals, my business, my hobby, even my aquariums because the city was no longer so keen on a business at my home.”

The latter is weird though. Because she was scammed the city suddenly didn't like her business at home anymore?

Or was it the other way around. The city wanted her to quit the business (at her home) and then she was scammed?

real life wow GIF by Amanda Cee Media
 
“I've lost everything. I had to get rid of my corals, my business, my hobby, even my aquariums because the city was no longer so keen on a business at my home.”

The latter is weird though. Because she was scammed the city suddenly didn't like her business at home anymore?

Or was it the other way around. The city wanted her to quit the business (at her home) and then she was scammed?
Story is very weird. Even employee's questioned her actions. And she kept shipping. We're being played here. Oh well.
 
If this really happened... The insurance company could have contacted the other one to be sure all was up and up.

I'm not sure this really happened.

Google says there was one. Last review 1 month ago.

Screenshot_20220513-131731_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220513-131622_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220513-131601_Maps.jpg Screenshot_20220513-131612_Maps.jpg
 
Last edited:
A shopvisit in better days:
(English subs available in video menu)
Poor lady, but this was an infinitely stupid thing to do.

I own a business and prob get 2-3 scam phone calls or emails a day - if a business owner doesn’t have the sense to figure out that such obvious scams are too good to be true, they prob shouldn’t be running a business in 2022…
 
No one who owns a business could be this dumb...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top