I'm lost and in need of help

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hey
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I'm not new to the hobby, not even really new to R2R, but I'm in desperate need of help here.

Little back drop, tank was started early this year IIRC and things seemed to be going okay. Then I began to have algae appear. I ran gfo, I tried vodka dosing, I have a larger skimmer then needed even. But nothing worked, and the algae took over. This is nothing like j have dealt with before. Snails don't touch it, urchins don't touch it, rabbit fish don't touch it. Then came summer. I work construction and am still working 60+ hours a week. I have little time with the family, and even less for the tank, so the tank slid. I kept up on water changed for a while, but even they started slipping. Now I top off and feed very sparingly.

So I need some help to reboot this system and get my tank back.

Here's the list...120 with bean overflow. Bashsea skimmer and bashsea media reactor. TLF phosphate reactor. Light are MH 250 watt running 8 hours a day. Heater, lights, return, everything ran off apex. Three clownfish and one rabbit fish are the only tank inhabitants.

So how do I proceed? Start over or can I save it somehow?


Also I need to know what I'm dealing with here.

Thanks in advance R2R!
@rayn how to gone this algae? Peroxide work it?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top