In need of a light with some punch!

rennjidk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2022
Messages
810
Reaction score
679
Location
usa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 18" cube with a single prime. I'd like to start growing some sps, but I need something that can get decent par down to the sand bed. I'd like to stay with a single light. The xr15g6/g5 & 360x are out as I've already found par maps of my tank with those lights and they struggle to make 100 par at the bottom. Any suggestions?
20230709_164612.jpg
 
If I has a small tank (no offense) I would seriously look at these:


and they are on close-out
 
If I has a small tank (no offense) I would seriously look at these:


and they are on close-out
I was almost considering it until I saw the 90 day warranty :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
I have an 18" cube with a single prime. I'd like to start growing some sps, but I need something that can get decent par down to the sand bed. I'd like to stay with a single light. The xr15g6/g5 & 360x are out as I've already found par maps of my tank with those lights and they struggle to make 100 par at the bottom. Any suggestions?
20230709_164612.jpg
If you put an XR30 above there you will have no problems with par anywhere in the tank and can run the light at 50% or less to increase its life span for quite a few years.
 
Xr30 for sure….or u can always go with a chinaman black box and that will really crank out light
 
This will do it
 
I love my reefbreeders photons. They make a 16”.

Also I just started a nem tank and went cheap with a Smatfarm 95 watt light. I’m very pleased with it too but the colors are not as nice as the reefbreeders. But it was only $145 too.
 
I think for the price, I'm liking the A500x
Yea should work hopefully. Of all the corals shops I've been to never seen them using kessils. I like kessil small size and shimmer though but the XR30 is much more light and proven by the big names like WWC. Gen 5 about the same price. Gen 6 100 more.
 
Noopsyche k7 V3. I have 6 over a 6ft tank running at 70 % max and get 300 par on the sand bed where my derasa is. I also have ai hydra, gen4 xr15 and reefbreeders photon pro and I will say the noopsyche have some "punch". I really like the colors I can get with them also.
 
although i do not own one, i suggest the reefi uno pro 2.0 or noopsyche k7 v3
 
I know you mentioned sticking to one light, but you could save quite a bit of money by adding a second AI prime for better coverage. Moving them closer to the top of the tank will increase your par to the bottom. Something else to consider is adding more rock to bring your SPS closer to the top and keep your softies down low.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top