That is all in my long thread on here someplace and it would take to long to describe it all here. But the picture of it should show you how it works. You put the eggs on the dark side, wait for them to hatch and slide open the door between sides and cover the side with the new born shrimp with a black cover. The shrimp all swim to the lighted side and the eggshells stay there.
Or a man can go to a hardware store, buy a bunch of copper and build the thing like I do.
Always have. I originally collected all my rock using SCUBA, but I feel I can make better looking rock myself.
After about a week the bottom of the thing is full of eggshells and the water gets "funky" so it needs to be removed and cleaned as fewer and fewer eggs hatch the longer it stays submerged.
There is no calibration as this isn't a space shuttle and not that important.