Is Fritz still a good salt?

angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Here we go....
the IO ppl have heard the rally call
Bring them in .......
 
Fritz is on sale now and still itching to switch. Any reefer say no?
Used it years.
Love it.
Mine mixes clean every time in about and hour at most.
I smell nothing.
23 boxes used so far.
Imported salt just adds $30 to the final price.
Made in the US!

A3A6737C-E117-4C44-B7E0-EB1108394820.jpeg
 
Looking good. Having any low alk and high mag issue?
 
I will add my name to those who see a great deal of dark particulates floating on top and adhering to the sides of my mixing station when using Fritz. Even with a power head constantly moving the water. I do mix batches of water and store them for a week. It is, however, a good priced product. I’ve heard of folks adding a filter to their mixing stations to combat particulates. But is is a pain to clean the tub after a batch or two.
 
I've been using it for a few years. Mag is a touch high but other than that I've never had any problems. It mixes fast and I do water changes about an hour after mixing. I just tested a new box and got: Cal-430 Alk-8.6 Mag-1480
 
Not really much to go off since I never really tested the trace elements but when I switched to Red Sea salt my corals probably tripled in growth in a very short period of time.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top